cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.3 (gingerbread) now on EVO

Journeyman

Can any one please tell me if the HTC Evo will get gingerbread 2.3!??? Why do we have to wait for so long!!??? This is one of the TOP-NOTCH phones out! It would be nice to have it updated as well. Don't slip Sprint!; You're losing cool points.

6 REPLIES
Wizard

From TALK ANDROID:

HTC, in an attempt to make sure people will still buy their new phones,  will not release the update until another phone with Gingerbread already  pre-installed is released. With rumors of a 3D Evo coming soon, my bet  would be on that phone to be released soon and the Gingerbread update to  be shortly after.

Journeyman

It's crazy because the phones that they are coming out with are basically the same phones; just different models and sizes.

Wizard

Yeah, it's all about the marketing.

Wizard

hfisher32640 wrote:

Can any one please tell me if the HTC Evo will get gingerbread 2.3!??? Why do we have to wait for so long!!??? This is one of the TOP-NOTCH phones out! It would be nice to have it updated as well. Don't slip Sprint!; You're losing cool points.

Hi, thank you for your question. Right now we have no word on when the 2.3 Gingerbread update will be available for the HTC EVO 4G. You can get information on www.sprint.com/newsroom. Also once the update is available on your HTC EVO 4G it will be pushed to your phone OTA (over-the-air) as well as you can check for updates here: MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM UPDATES > FIRMWARE UPDATE. I hope this helped.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

I don't think that it has been a great attempt at marketing

Wizard

My mistake, what I meant to say is this is how business is done.

At the CTIA 2011 an HTC employee said (off the record)

HTC is waiting for at least one flagship phone to be released  with Gingerbread before pushing the update to the EVO and other older  handsets running Froyo. Withholding the update is supposedly "to ensure  that customers do not hold back from purchasing newly announced  devices." Officially HTC nor Sprint will confirm this..........

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.