Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.3 official upgrade date for htc evo

Journeyman

Re: 2.3 official upgrade date for htc evo

RCKSTEIN02:

Hello,

If i was unsatisfied and unhappy as you appear to be in your writings, I would leave for some other carrier, even if I had to bite the bullet and pay any charges to get out of my contract.  Just not worth it man.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years now. I remember when I got the Samsung Instinct (the first one, the one that had all the commercials at movie theaters boasting to be an 'iPhone Killer') and was lucky if a firmware update was available via cable or OTA. Then I was stuck with the HTC Hero. Great size for an Android phone, but was stuck with Android 1.5 for a LONG time. All the complaints for 2.1 were endless. We finally got 2.1 for the Hero (shortly afterwards, 2.2 came out - ironic). Guess what? Sprint's approved version of 2.1 was BUGGY. I'm not surprised at the long wait for 2.3. Like one said earlier, the EVO is still selling quite well (while boasting 4G that you HAVE to pay extra for even if it's very limited in your area). I'm not going to hold my breath for 2.3 to come anytime soon. Heck, more access to 4G would be a lot better than an upgraded firmware. What's the point in shelling $10 extra per month for a 4G option that is usually always turned off on my EVO due to lack of 4G availability in my area?

Journeyman

jbs1968:

I will be leaving Sprint for another carrier. I have been with Sprint for over 11 years now but I guess because I have contacted the Sprint Customer Service Representatives, or visited one of their repair centers one too many times trying to get issues fixed or resolved, today (03/07/11) I received a letter from Sprint that as of 03/30/11 they will be terminating my cellular service. They also will not be assessing me their Early Termination Fee.

This is just the nudge that I needed as there are plenty of other cellular carriers that will welcome my business! My Small Claims Lawsuit that I filed against Sprint in 12/10 is still pending, just waiting for a trial date to be set. My other Small Claims Lawsuit that I filed in 11/10 I received a payment of $552 from Sprint for a defective phone in that case.

Journeyman

No wonder i have to pay $10 extra a month.

Journeyman

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand that you are interested in the new Android 2.3 for the HTC EVO. Currently, we are not providing new Android 2.3 for the HTC EVO but we time to time keeps on launching new phones and service as per the feedback of our customers. If Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and pricing details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our retail stores. We encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web site to see if a change in availability occurs. We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be of assistance.  Thank you again for e-mailing us. Sincerely, David M. Sprint

Wizard

justbeevofunky wrote:

No wonder i have to pay $10 extra a month.

Especially when I am not even in 4G area

GrandMaster

not many are it would seem. i still think they could score pretty big by hitting all the college town areas. and then slowly move out from there. college kids are usually broke and going for the better deal.

sprint....northern california would be very happy with this..thanks...

p.s...sac is not northern cali...therefore cant be used as a "theres your 4g area"

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat