cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.67.651.3 Broke Evo 4G Wifi

Journeyman

Thank you sharies79!!!  I called Sprint and took my phone to the Sprint store - and both said that they had never heard of this issue but it was probably a HTC issue.  I would have to wait until HTC issued a revised update (which will never happen as the Evo4G was just added to the HTC EOL list).

I am glad you and your Best Buy people at least found a work around.

Journeyman c_h
Journeyman

Getting odd issues as well.  Local tower is flaking out, and called Sprint Cust Care to report it.   In the process they requested me to pull battery and try Update Profile.  It never connects.  They asked what software version.  I told them 4.67.651.3 and she said I would need to talk to her supervisor and ... I've now been on hold for over 1 hour.  Phone unable to text, data, or make calls.  Now Saying temporarily disconnected.... ugh.

Journeyman

I tried making the ip static, but still drops every 2-3 min.... called sprint and trying to see if since it is a software issue, if they will replace device with 3d... its worked in the past

Journeyman

Mine runs in G and N modes

Journeyman

I was also playing around with my router because the dropping every 2-3mins came back even with static ip. My router is a wireless n and under it's wireless setting I can have it broadcast in 20/40hz or just 20hz. When I had 20/40 hz on it would do the dropping then unable to get an IP on reconnect, when I switched it to 20hz it would obtain IP. It still seems to look for ip often but it's obtaining it now.

GrandMaster

random question but are all of your routers (everyone posting in here with this issue) wireless N only? or are they running B,G,N? even most routers will say it is a wireless n router but will have the ability to run all of those. my phone doesnt have any issues with wifi but my router is running all of those.

**************************************************************I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own.*************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

After updating I too have had issues with wifi.  Wifi forever sits in "error" limbo, I can tap it but nothing happens.  And also 4G is not working either it just says unable to start 4G.  I tried all the different reported fixes and nothing has cleared up my issue. I even did a hard reset and still no fix to wifi or 4G.  My husband was able to do a soft reset and got his phone to work properly but mine is still not operating correctly.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I restored my phone (which is not nice as I lost everything including my work email account) and check the Use Statatic IP but the WiFi continues to drop. Checking the router sounds like a good idea but I cannot change the corporate network!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is completely ridiculous! Every time Sprint releases an update for Evo they mess up something major and their first solution is to factory reset! WTF are we supposed to spend hours on restoring the phone settings and app customization because they don’t bother to test these damn updates before releasing them. It seems like they just wait for us to complain about the new bugs!

I’m sick and tired of these updates; this is what we get for NOT rooting the phone and relying on Sprint software development team to keep our phones barely up to date. I pay my monthly fees on time without a glitch, how come I’m not getting a glitch free update! Not only are the updates taking more and more of the limited internal memory every time, which will eventually force you to buy a new phone even if you don’t want to, but also they have hidden bugs which makes the phone less usable then before. Certainly defeats the purpose of an UPDATE, doesn’t it!

Yes I am having the same Wi-Fi issue, and no I’m not going to restore my phone and spend hours looking for my apps and settings. I didn’t change anything before the update as far as the Wi-Fi goes so I shouldn’t have had any issue after the update if it was already quality checked before release.

Wi-Fi dropouts aren’t a simple problem as how Sprint customer service is putting it and suggest to FACTORY RESET! Most of us are connected to our home, work, school Wi-Fi networks on daily basis, and need this connectivity.

Sprint development team must fix this issue immediately otherwise my monthly payment will start having similar bugs. And Sprint development team must make a revert update option available from now on for situations like this, so at least we have a freaking option to make the phone workable meanwhile they figure how they messed up the new update.

I know this comment/complain/ suggestion letter is not going to make much difference but if other users are reading this and have had similar issues, please don’t hesitate to make your voice heard.

Rooting your phone should NOT be the only alternative to avoid such messes for a paying customer, right?!

Journeyman

I, too, have had the same issue. I have to use my wireless router for my phone due to the fact I live.in a mobile.home with metal roof and I have no signal. Since the last update, I have been having the issue of staying connected to my WiFi. I called customer service and they wanted me to do a factory data reset. So they created a ticket for me to take it into a store. I took it to the store and they too wanted to do a reset. Well, I came home and wrote down all my apps and did a factory reset. My prob with WiFi has gotten worse. Idk why the Sprint ppl think that a factory reset is the answer, when its not. I have 2 phones on my acct, both HTC EVO 4G.. I told my bf not to reset cause it would just make prob worse. And since I've read that Sprint will no longer carry the EVO 4G, I don't look for them.to do a lot for a phone that is almost history.. what option do we have to fix this?