cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.67.651.3 Broke Evo 4G Wifi

GrandMaster

gah...will you techs stop replying off my messages...makes it look like im the one having the issue in here lol

which im not...wifi issue free

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 4.67.651.3 Broke Evo 4G Wifi

As much as I'd like to get Carrier IQ off my phone (or as HTC and Sprint call it, a "security update") I don't want to risk the downside issue others are having. I have already had one other occasion of problems caused by an EVO Android update requiring a hard reset. Sure you can save your contacts and apps for reinstal but redoing all the perfectly customized and tweaked settings and accounts data took weeks of using my phone to get it back to where it was. ("Hey, why is my phone doing that??? ... Oh, yeah, I forgot about THAT little checkbox setting". Android is so convoluted with all the settings).

What a P I A dilemma. And to see all the posts that a factory reset didn't even help the problem.

Journeyman

I have the same problem. Wifi drops every 3 mins to be exact. Long story short, after 4 trips to my local Sprint service center, 6 phone calls to Sprint, two phone calls to HTC, and two replecement phones from Sprint, everybody points their finger at somebody else. I'm starting to feel like the people at Sprint and HTC are trying to make me give up on getting the problem fixed and hope I'll go away. I'm not going away. I'm extremely disappointed.  I was told today that I would be given a ticket number and my phone would be replaced, but this time with a comparable phone from a different manufacturer. I was told all I had to do was go back to the Sprint service center and with the ticket number and it would be taken care of. That was a complete lie. The service center cannot replace any HTC phone with anything other than the same model. HTC's warranty will not allow Sprint to do otherwise(or so I'm told). Now I'm waiting for a 'supervisor' to call me back. This will be the 4th phone call to/from Sprint today!

GrandMaster

stated above  you a couple posts. this is now a known issue and they are working on it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Call Sprint.  They claim to know nothing about it. The issue is not on their 'known issues' list. Please, if you're having this problem, call and complain about it. At the very least you can get a replacement Evo. I called multiple times and have had my problem solved. I now have a replacement Motorola Photon 4G. Thanks Sprint. Finally!

Journeyman

When I called Sprint, they told me that there's nothing I can do since I've already taken.the phone back to factory with no improvements. It only made prob worse. But will call them again.. hope your Photon works better..

GrandMaster

aparently it IS a known issue since it has been reported not only in here but from alot of the repair stores as well. all i know is theyre working on it

Journeyman

Hey guys I was having the same issue, after doing the latest update my evo was not able to maintain a wifi connection at work, every where else worked ok. I called sprint tech support and they had me do a hard reset which I did not want to do but did any way because it was "one of the steps" so they said, didn't work and messed up all my settings, took it to the store and got a new evo, which is the only good thing that came out if this nightmare. Came to work with the new phone and did the same thing, took it back to sprint and got in a huge argument with the tech who didn't know crap, I knew more than this turd. Anyway after much research I found that belkin and android don't like each other very much, you need to change the dhcp  lease time settings on the belkin router from forever to two weeks, changed mine and has work great ever since! Hope this helps!

Journeyman

I have fiber optic internet and use a belkin 300N for my WiFi. I didn't have an issue with my WiFi til I did the last update. Now I stay connected for ... Maybe a min or 2 if I'm lucky. Idk what to do other than try to root my phone..

Wizard

We have received several reports of this issue, our device group is actively looking for examples of this and any additional information they can get. If you're not already working with Markie_B on this issue and comfortable with zipping files from your phone and emailing them send me a private message and I would be glad to provide you with instructions on how you can submit some logs.

Journeyman

Yay! I also have a Belkin router and I tried this.  I changed my DHCP refresh from "Forever" to "2 weeks."  Cautiously happy to say that my WiFi has been working on my Evo without dropping in the last few days since I chnaged this setting.  Fingers crossed.

Before the router fix, I also did a full factory reset of the phone last week, and it did nothing to fix the problem.  Then Markie_B from Sprint requested the logs, so I recorded them and sent them.  They recorded an incidence of WiFi dropping.  I haven't heard back from Sprint yet on this.  I assume they are compiling as many logs as pssible to search for a fix.

But this router setting seems to have done the trick.  Which makes no sense, because I was having WiFi dropped in all kinds of other places, and who knows what the routing settings are there.  The most important thing is its working at home, though, which is where I need it most.  So a cautious "yay" is in order.

Journeyman

I can confirm that belkin routers appear to have issues with the new system update.  I switched my belkin router with my backup router (a vizio).  Since then I have had no wifi drops.    Thank you for the 2 week tip.  I will use that if I ever return back to the belkin.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.