cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Connectivity and Roaming (Two unrelated questions)

Highlighted
Journeyman

4G Connectivity and Roaming (Two unrelated questions)

Question 1: Am I the only one who has experienced dismal 4G coverage in locations that read as 5 bars on http://coverage.sprint.com? My primary location has 3 bars and Sprint says "On-street". However, I have yet to get a 4G signal anywhere in the neighborhood. My second location is 5 bars with the statement "In-building" on the coverage map. I have no coverage there either, inside or out. My third location is also 5 bars but I only have coverage outside. What I want to know is if this is typical. Does anyone else notice this dismal coverage?

Question 2: Will there be an extra fee if I roam with my EVO, for data or for voice? My bill says "Roaming Included". Does that mean that I can roam, or that I can andthere would be no extra fee to do so (within the limits of 800 min and 200MB)?

All answers are appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: 4G Connectivity and Roaming (Two unrelated questions)

I hate to bump, but I would appreciate some replies.

Journeyman

Re: 4G Connectivity and Roaming (Two unrelated questions)

For an answer to the first question, you should call Sprint support and tell them. They're supposed to do tests every so often and see how the signals are in all of the areas. When I called in, they did one of those tests and checked everything on their end. They made some changes and the signal was better. They also mentioned that towers were going up in the areas I had problems in and that may help my signal.

Definitely worth a try. At the very least, you put your location on record as having issues and they may try to address it when they look at their next location for a tower.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat