cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/3 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 5.07.651.1

Wizard

Re: 5/3 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 5.07.651.1

So what happened here? I this EVO update a dead issue? No posts here in two weeks. And the link above posted by 14KNIGHT is dead.

This update is not available for me. I reluctantly applied the last update 4.67.651.3 some time ago because

I wanted Carrier IQ gone and have had worse battery performance ever since. Was hoping something would make it better. Seems like there has been a downside to every single incremental EVO update that has come along. Since this original EVO has reached EOL status, I'm guessing we won't see much at all in the way of any new updates from here on out. I'm either going to have to try a root solution or limp along with this phone until the iPhone5 comes out, which is what I'm saving my upgrade for. Even though there are many benefits over iOS, I'm just tired of dealing with the inconsistant and often problematic Android OS updates. Been a Mac guy all my life anyway but never owned an iPhone.

Time to come home.

Journeyman

Same here.  We have two Evo 4G's in the house, and neither have received the update.  I just tried a battery pull, but no go.  I too am hanging on for the next iPhone.  I love Android and the ability to customize it, but right now, I just want a phone that won't freeze and be buggy.  I had a good 3 year run with it, and became a MAC man 4 years ago, so I am ready to merge everything. Good luck with your phone.  If I learn anything I'll let you know.

Journeyman

RC1024, did you learn anything about this update? Please let us all know.  Thank you.

Journeyman

Anyone have any further info on this?  Still no update for me here in NYC.  Looking foward to freeing up the space... I need that 35MB badly.

Sprint Employee

Hello, still no news to report, although I would imagine they are somewhere near the end of the rollout phase, which means they may make the update available to all soon. since the timeline was estimated near six weeks from 5/3

No longer working Community Response.
GrandMaster

if this is the case theyre cutting it pretty close for only a few people posting that they received it dont you think? normally by now this thread would have been bombshelled with comments, issues and questions

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an htc EVO 4g it's 6/19/2012 and I still haven't gotten the new update wish google would hurry up.

Sprint Employee

As far as I know the update is still being released, and all should have it soon. From what I know about the update is has few changes.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Just received the update this early morning. What are the main changes besides Sprint Connections Optimizer?

Journeyman

i went to pull my update manually this morning after reading this, and it finally came up for me.  Sprint Connections Optimizer is working well so far, it auto turned on 4G for me when i got into the small coverage area we have here in Champaign, IL

GrandMaster

keep everyone posted in here on how it affects your battery..good/bad/slightly/etc

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I too just got my update manually thanks to this post.  Hopefully better battery life is on it's way

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat