cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5/3 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 5.07.651.1

Journeyman

Re: 5/3 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 5.07.651.1

Well started optimizer, pulled battery, turned on, and now almost four hours, has not connected to my home wifi??  Also just tried another battery pull, still no wifi?  Seems like junk to me.

Journeyman

My hand is in a fist waving it at sprint! Why else would they do an upgrade on a phone that's EOL just so they could mess up something, they pulled me in with the ability to deactivated the spam apps they loaded in the device,but then they turn around and make my 4g like crap and my call quality decreased, just to make me buy another phone, cause you can forget about them trying to fix anything they messed up in this update because the phone is EOL I guarantee that will be their excuse.

Journeyman

After several more powering off and on the phone, optimizer finally connected to wifi.  Will use for a while to see if it works when leaving home and entering other wifi saved networks.

GrandMaster

yup you got them....all this was done to push us into buying new phones..

your phone would be the first that i have heard of that lost call quality and 4G...they must be pushing only you to get a new phone...post your city and zip so someone can look into possible tower issues in your area.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

oddly enough it took mine a while to actually start working correctly...soon as i pull into my driveway it snaps right to wifi..

for a while there though it would say i was still connected even though i was miles away from my wifi...and like yourself it would take forever to kick my wifi back on..i manually did it a few times because i needed it...but eventually it started doing what it was supposed to do. i dont have 4G anywhere near me so i didnt get a chance to see how that one worked out with switching

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I see that the EVO 3D just got ICS yesterday will the HTC EVO 4G get ICS also ?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

negative..not enough internal memory on the phone...not to mention its been EOL for quite some time now..only way this phone will get it is if someone roots their phone and puts it on there.

Journeyman

thank you this wasn't for me I have an EVO 4G LTE my aunt ask me to post that on this forum cause I was clueless.

GrandMaster

no worries

Journeyman

I have the Samsung s2 epic touch..and im thinking about going with HTC AGAIN..because I miss the fm radio. Htc always has always had the fm radio tuner..I dont think samsung ever did and that sucks!

GrandMaster

you might want to double check the HTC EVO LTE forums..i cant remember if the FM radio continued with the new EVO version or not..for sure double check though just in case.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/htc_phones/htc_evo_4g...

Journeyman

So after this update, my phone was working great, battery life improved, and then about two weeks later, my phone started crashing 4-5X a day, and at other times the screen would become unresponsive, and I would have to remove the battery.  Then I turned off Sprint Connections Optimizer about a week ago, and all of my problems have disappeared since then.  Guess I found the problem, although it is interesting that it worked well for a number of weeks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat