cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5gb Cap for Evo G wifi hotspot in 3g regions

Highlighted
Journeyman

5gb Cap for Evo G wifi hotspot in 3g regions

Okay, I have heard various things about this online and here in the discussion forum. 

I have confirmed this three times via Sprint's service line and also via Best Buy & Radio Shack.

If you purchase the optional wifi hotspot feature for the Evo G phone, it has unlimited wifi-sharing data in 4g regions, but has a cap of 5gb in 3g regions. Going over the 5gb cap is charged at $0.03 per mb.

So, if you wish to tether your laptop or other internet device, there is a 5gb cap on the Evo G in most Sprint service regions.

I'm still using a grandfathered "Unlimited Phone As Modem" feature on a Motorola Razr. Looks like I'm going to be keeping my old clamshell for a while longer

Tags (2)
25 REPLIES 25
Master

Re: 5gb Cap for Evo G wifi hotspot in 3g regions

And ALL of them gave you misinformation, There is NO DATA CAP on the EVO. PERIOD. Phone data plan = NO CAP, Hotspot 3G = NO CAP, Hotspot 4G = NO CAP. Believe me dude there is no data cap.

Journeyman

I'd like to believe there is no cap (period), and hopefully someone will confirm this after they get their first bill (after using more than 5GB). 

Journeyman

Hey buddy... Just wanted to help, I'm an employee in Acct Services, there really is no cap for data in 3G or 4G... The $10 Prem data charge you have is for the extra data Sprint expects/ knows all Evo customers to use... No cap... 3G or 4G for the EVO, this includes the hotspot features... This is one of the big selling points being pushed on this phone by Sprint... So, go crazy, surf your heart out.

Journeyman

There is no cap on 3G or 4G data on mobile hotspot while you're on a sprint network but there is a 200MB cap while ROAMING ONLY  I hope this help everyone

Master

Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB.

Message was edited by: Levi4u

Journeyman

Hotspot 3G OR 4G NO CAP on the sprint network and 300MB while roaming sorry not 200 heres the link if you want to read it for yourself

http://http://www.phonedog.com/2010/05/27/sprint-playbook-evo-4g-is-an-awesome-device-but-watch-that...

Master

Levi4u wrote:

Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB.

Message was edited by: Levi4u

That is in reference to the 3G connection on the mobile broadband plans and Phone as Modem add-ons. The Mobile Hotspot add-on for the EVO currently does not have a 5GB limit on the 3G network.

Journeyman

right here on sprints website it says there is a cap http://shop.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/4g/evo_plan_details.html click on the speed tab

Message was edited by: rondaharris

Master

Halcyoncmdr117, That is directly from the PHONE plan page terms and conditions. I know that there is no cap on any data phone/hotspot on the EVO, I have been correcting that misconception for weeks now. That was posted to correct the poster above stating it was 200mb roaming. You notice that states "Unless Specified Otherwise" which the No Cap For The EVO falls under.

Master

Ronda, You are correct that is there, But it is incorrect, I will forward it and see it is corrected.

Journeyman

sweet because thats just a little much  since we will be paying for extra stuff as is and to have unlimited be limited is just plan false. hope this gets resolved

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat