cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)

- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)

- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1

- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)

Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available  “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)

is available that provides minor software enhancements.  Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions.  When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available.  Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

Update (6/22)

- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC.  Additional information will

be posted when available.

- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:

At  a Sprint repair store, the tech  suggested I try Vlingo Virtual   Assistant app.  I did and although more  cumbersome to use, it does  work  with or without background noise.  It  works in situations where  Voice  Search use to work but no longer does.

733 REPLIES 733
Highlighted
Journeyman

My two BIG issues with the original GB release were the compass not working properly and speech to text issue where the background needs to be nearly silent for it to work properly. I hope this maintenance release addresses those fundemental issues. I can't believe they would put out a patch to address a Netflix app problem and leave these basic issues unresolved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please wait patiently? Seriously? THAT'S your resolution as a form of customer service? As one said earlier, unacceptable. June 20th technically starts at 12:00AM in the time zone you're at.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@mflt302 Wow, I thought that was just me.  For some reason I didn't put it together that the last update busted those 2 functionalities, but I absolutely have the same problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am hoping this patch fixes the bluetooth issue as well.  After Gingerbread my phone will stay tethered to my car for 5 minutes and then drop and then reconnect again later.  It does the same on my Mac as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

seems like this would start going out right after it is posted in the forums, at least.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing like a Sprint Administrator to announce an update before it's even actually available. Nobody here in my office who has an EVO 4G can download this upgrade yet - 8:11AM PST. I hope the Bluetooth issue gets somehow resolved. It's California law to use an earpiece or Bluetooth device when talking and driving. Since the last update, I've had to risk the highway patrol from catching me while talking via the speakerphone since my $100+ Jawbone earpiece won't connect via Bluetooth anymore

Highlighted
Wizard

How about app icons in folders being lost after reboots?

How about HTC Sense rebooting (white HTC screen) after coming out of games?

How about voice recognition being ridiculously horrible?

Journeyman

VESPA55 wrote:

Please wait patiently? Seriously? THAT'S your resolution as a form of customer service? As one said earlier, unacceptable. June 20th technically starts at 12:00AM in the time zone you're at.

And, it ends at 11:59pm. Get a grip.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly-

They said it will be released on June 20th, not that at 12:01 AM at the butt crack of dawn.  If the clock hits 12 AM June 21st, start complaining, but they said nothing about having it out at your beckon call, just sometime on June 20th.  Am I a little frustrated that I can't use Netflix/all the other bugs?  Yeah.. but chill.. Be glad you have Gingerbread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Exactly-

They said it will be released on June 20th, not that at 12:01 AM at the  **** crack of dawn.  If the clock hits 12 AM June 21st, start  complaining, but they said nothing about having it out at your becking  call, just sometime on June 20th.  Am I a little frustrated that I can't  use Netflix/all the other bugs?  Yeah.. but chill.. Be glad you have  Gingerbread.

Such a fine example of co-dependency. Way to go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I am happy I didn't miss the launch of this. I am looking forward to it, and if it takes them an extra day or two to get it right I am fine with that too. I just don't want to be stuck with all these quirks for too long. I really appreciate the fact that the turn around is as fast as it looks like it might be for a lot of the known issues though and can't wait to watch Netflix on my phone again soon

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look up codependency.  Now feel stupid.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat