cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Journeyman

acording 2 sprint fone rep it comes out on june 24, frday

Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

For what I could see they have not posted anything about version 4.24.651.1.

See:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/android_phones/evo_4g...

Message was edited by: GREINSTEIN1

Wizard

If it's not right, I don't want it.  So, if it takes them until Friday to get it right, I would rather wait and download an update that works..  As you can see on this thread, though, you're going to have a lot of unhappy people if it doesn't come out today.

Journeyman

Well if it comes out friday. Then please sprint "FIRE" this asshole that was teaser me.

Journeyman

No update here (Atlanta) yet, but i'll be patient for another couple days as I know how OTA works.

As for my issues with this update:

• Super long boot time. (sticks at 4G screen for 3 minutes)
  • Semi random reboots (about 6 so far, not too bad, but never happened w/ 2.2)
  • Voice search is hosed
  • Compass is hosed (making walking Nav directions unusable)
  • Netflix busted (oh well, my Roku works)
  • Few other apps partiall broken (to be expected w/ new update)

Also, I don't have near enough space on my phone (internal storage) for my apps. I have to delete apps every time to isntall a new one (been this way for a while now).

I don't have any issues w/ visual voice mail or whatever, so this update better darn well fix these above listed bugs, or I am going to have a little talk w/ the folks at Sprint.

GrandMaster

bah. by then i might jump ship to a iphone....possibly...i dont see myself jumping to the evo3d...aside from a few upgrades from the evo...3d pics? really? if i send them no one else can see them that was unless they have the same phone...whats the point?

straight google phone maybe but the nexus s was a ship wreck the last time i checked in on the forums in there lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

it wouldnt be the first time someone from sprint was miss informed. there was a blooper a lil while back about the evo being shipped with gingerbread on it already. it was a mistake by sprint and they pulled it. but still. it happens.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Hey, fireguy, read the EVO 3D review on pcmag.com

Journeyman

Well why don't we get some info from sprint about it? Can someone form sprint reply about this update. I know someone has to know something else besides what was already spoken.

Journeyman

Simple...they removed the post. It was there earlier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They also tweeted the update and referenced this same discussion thread... http://twitter.com/#!/sprint

Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

fireguy_63 wrote:

bah. by then i might jump ship to a iphone....possibly...i dont see myself jumping to the evo3d...aside from a few upgrades from the evo...3d pics? really? if i send them no one else can see them that was unless they have the same phone...whats the point?

straight google phone maybe but the nexus s was a ship wreck the last time i checked in on the forums in there lol.

Yeah, I hear you on that. I'm waiting on a better Windows Phone option from Sprint. Preferrably an EVO clone that has 4G and runs WP7. I'll NEVER buy another Samstunk product. Not after the trainwreck Instinkt, Instinkt s30, and Moment...I'll ride it out with HTC or I'll just quit mobile devices altogether...lol.

Maybe Nokia will have a killer WP7 device later this year.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat