cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

GrandMaster

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

wasnt there supposed to be another galaxy phone coming out? or was it the galaxy i heard about? i read something about it in the nexus s threads. is sprint supposed to be coming out with a iphone in their ammo bag? that would be nice.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I know everybody has netflix issue and fix is in the release notes for this update but to me its more important to have functioning voice search and compass, these are basic functions for this phone and fix for this is not in release notes? Are we supose to hope for a miracle?

Journeyman

I believe this was posted after this thread, I assume it confirms that the update was released. I am monitoring this thread, as well as a page on goodandEVO.net and no one has confirmed they've gotten the update

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/android_phones/evo_4g...

GoodandEVO page -

http://www.goodandevo.net/2011/06/htc-evo-4g-expected-to-get-gingerbread-ota-update-fix-today.html

EDIT: nevermind, I guess that sprint link was just how most of you probably found this thread, haha

Journeyman

I just spoke with technical support and they said the update has been released but the release is not sent all at once but by markets. They said everyone should be updated by this time next week. They also said that if I wanted the update faster (they couldn't tell me exactly when my market would be receiving the the update) that I could go into a sprint store and have my phone updated there. I called the nearest sprint store to my location and they said that they could update my phone as long as I had insurance but if I didn't then there would be some sort of charge for the update. I happen to have insurance so if I don't receive the update tonight then I will probably go to the store tomorrow. hope this helps.

Journeyman

Why is Sprint making it so difficult this time? Release the damn update already. What market is getting it? I can't find one person across all the sites I've visited that has gotten it. So what is going on? I know some of you guys have more issues than I do. I just need it to fix netflix, since I'm paying for it.

Journeyman

If you need the update now just call your local sprint store and they should be able to update the phone. I say call first because you need to go to a store that has technicians on site. Not all sprint stores do.

Journeyman

Thanks for the info... I think it's ridiculous that they'd charge you for the update if you don't have insurance though... Maybe they're scared they'll brick your phone? hahaha

I agree Todd... Though I never even saw the 6/6/11 update.. So I'm still on Froyo

Still wondering if anyone knows why I never saw that update

Journeyman

Count yourself lucky Shawn...says she with absolutely NO hint of bitterness in her voice......

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I guess I can because I don't have to deal with all of the issues it has, but I'm worried I might not see the update this time either.. I tried manually updating things this morning when I heard of this release and the only thing that updated was my "Profile"... Whatever that is

Journeyman

There is no mention of a wireless N fix in this update, so if you want to keep your wireless N, stay on Froyo...2.2.

Journeyman

Anyone know if this release will fix the problem of Sense UI constantly restarting.  I feel like it is somehow related to the built in ATK in Gingerbread.  Whatever the cause, it is getting damn annoying to have Sense restart almost every time I return to the home screen.  This problem only krept in with the GB update.  Help!

Master

At a Sprint Corporate store there is no charge for updates, Sounds like you may have called an authorized reseller. Software updates fall under a level 1 service and is done at no charge.

Level 1

Content

•  Content Management (i.e.:

phonebook transfer)

•  Software Update

•  Customer Education

•  Slate test

TWIGGDC1 wrote:

I just spoke with technical support and they said the update has been released but the release is not sent all at once but by markets. They said everyone should be updated by this time next week. They also said that if I wanted the update faster (they couldn't tell me exactly when my market would be receiving the the update) that I could go into a sprint store and have my phone updated there. I called the nearest sprint store to my location and they said that they could update my phone as long as I had insurance but if I didn't then there would be some sort of charge for the update. I happen to have insurance so if I don't receive the update tonight then I will probably go to the store tomorrow. hope this helps.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat