HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
- Fix for battery discharge issue
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application
- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)
- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)
- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)
- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1
- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)
Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)
is available that provides minor software enhancements. Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”
- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions. When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message
that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.
- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC. Additional information will
be posted when available.
- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:
At a Sprint repair store, the tech suggested I try Vlingo Virtual Assistant app. I did and although more cumbersome to use, it does work with or without background noise. It works in situations where Voice Search use to work but no longer does.
BCAPPELL1953 wrote: the have the fix. It's called EVO3D
Gosh, I am having de ja vu with my HTC Hero. HTC Hero owners were griping while running on primitive Android 1.5 and it almost seemed like Sprint just wanted you to push for the EVO 4G just to get up to par with the smartphone times. When there was a released version of 2.1 for the HTC Hero, it was pretty janky. Fine, I'll get an EVO 4G. Got my EVO 4G (along with $10 added to my plan for 'premium' data) and that's all fine and dandy. Heck, it's the best phone I've had so far (when stuff doesn't force close on you). I think the culprits to blame here are HTC and Sprint for practically saturating the phone's OS with bloatware, modified updates and a stripped down version of 2.2 and 2.3. Again, the pressure is on to get an EVO 3D. What Sprint doesn't realize (or they do), is most of us used our hardware upgrade discount for the EVO 4G and most of us won't be eligible for another one till 2012 (if you bought your EVO this year)!!!! So unless you're willing to shell out $699.99 for a brand new EVO 3D, you're sorta stuck with this EVO 4G till your next hardware upgrade discount comes around - which is exactly one year from the date you bought your EVO (that, or pay the early contract termination fees and jump ship).
So who do I write to about Bluetooth still not working, Sprint or HTC and what site or email do I use? I tried my BlueTooth after this mornings update and within 30 seconds my phone was disconnected from my car again. It works with my BB for work so I know it isn't the car.
I actually double checked. It's $699.99 without a new 2-yr contract or contract extension. There's a possiblity that Sprint Premier members will get $250 off but I'm sure there are conditions to that. Best Buy jumped the gun and was taking pre-orders for the EVO 3D a few weeks ago. Yep, it's $699.99
We are not going to get N the update says nothing about it.The HTC site says only B/G in the specs it did work with froyo and was removed don't know if it will ever be put back.
Check this to see what price you can get from Sprint.http://www.goodandevo.net/2011/06/sprint-sets-up-new-inbox-to-take-htc-evo-upgrade-requests.html
One thing what makes you want to buy the 3D the before anyone has tried it yet and find the problems with it?I would give it a month after the shakedown then see. Reviews on sites are useless until you get hands on.
Got update to 4.24.651 and the compass still is not working correctly...no front facing camera with yahoo messagener or tango. Headed to sprint repair store to try to get Gingerbread off my phone....
THEY BROKE MY GREAT WORKING PHONE.
I don't think that anyone has posted this info yet, but if so sorry to repeat.
I got my update this morning (4.24.651.1) and it still didn't fix my Netflix problem. Everything else seems to be working correctly except for that. I called Netflix and according to the rep that I spoke with, their programmers are working on re-writing the app to be compatible again. She also informed me that they (Netflix) pulled their app from the Android Market until they get the problem resolved. She said that initially the update to GB seemed to fix the issue, but the majority of subscribers were still having issues.
So for those of you that have installed the maintenance update, you will still have to wait for Netflix to again work unless you're one of the few lucky ones that it somehow functions again.