HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
- Fix for battery discharge issue
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application
- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)
- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)
- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)
- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1
- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)
Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)
is available that provides minor software enhancements. Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”
- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions. When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message
that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.
- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC. Additional information will
be posted when available.
- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:
At a Sprint repair store, the tech suggested I try Vlingo Virtual Assistant app. I did and although more cumbersome to use, it does work with or without background noise. It works in situations where Voice Search use to work but no longer does.
Does anyone recommend doing a hard reset prior to the maintenance update? Will that help? Is doing it overkill?
Can anyone confirm that Voice Serach is working again in a running car?
It seems like the new update is decent at least for me it increases the battery length a bit. It still has annoying quirks like not being able to silence from the power button which mostly annoys me at the theater now having to hit volume down until it goes silent which most times takes several additional presses. Also, I have yet to find the official Netflix app being online quite yet although if you had previous installations it apppears to be working.
I basically would say the upgrade is worth it if you don't plan on connecting to N routers, still have the original Netflix app from 2.2, and don't use voice search much.
I have had no problems with the updates. I guess im one of the lucky few, but netflix again works like a charm, and yes i do agree that it does seem faster to me for some reason. But i do have to say that the EVO 3D is amazing with GB, so quick and smooth its crazy. I was privleged enough to be a Advocate for it and its amazing!!!
I was a little nervouis to remove Netflix 1.2.2 and finally man up to it. I download XDA Netflix MOD
and it works very well. Do I need to worry about XDA MOD?
It doesn't hurt to try. I did it when I 1st got my GB update. You might want to download AppMonstser and backup your apps to ur SD card so you won't go crazy looking for them in the appmarket.
AppMonster is awesome.
What would we do without Forums.
I'm not sure where you're getting the $699 price for the EVO 3D. It's only $549 on the Sprint website. A manager at Best Buy told me that they were probably going to sell it for $499 because of a $50 instant rebate. Also, they'll give you $150 for your EVO 4G towards a the purchase of a 3D. That's only $350 out of pocket.
Go to the Android Market and search for SilentMode OnOff
it will allow you to install a widget (1x1) that you can quickly toggle between Sound/Vibrate/Silent
Hope that helps with your issue
or long press on the main screen and hit "widgets". at the top is get more HTC widgets. in there you will find an app called profile. click that and download it. go back a page and it will be under settings in the widgets area. presto...your done.
I got the update at 3am est.
For me at home the voice-to-text seems to work better than before. My husband, however, got his update this morning and it doesn't work in the 18-wheeler whereas it used to work in the truck before the update.
davidjameslucas wrote: I'm not sure where you're getting the $699 price for the EVO 3D. It's only $549 on the Sprint website. A manager at Best Buy told me that they were probably going to sell it for $499 because of a $50 instant rebate. Also, they'll give you $150 for your EVO 4G towards a the purchase of a 3D. That's only $350 out of pocket.
I was just at the Colma, CA Best Buy yesterday. They told me $699.99 since I already used my hardware upgrade discount. The buy back program was for those who were willing to shell out an extra $40 during their contract extension or signup when getting an EVO 4G (which is a net of $110 to buy your used EVO since $150 - $40 = $110. SO, $699.99 - $110 = $589.99 which is nowhere close to $350 out of pocket). Their website even states the same thing. See for yourself: