cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Does anyone recommend doing a hard reset prior to the maintenance update?  Will that help?  Is doing it overkill?

Can anyone confirm that Voice Serach is working again in a running car?

Journeyman

It seems like the new update is decent at least for me it increases the battery length a bit. It still has annoying quirks like not being able to silence from the power button which mostly annoys me at the theater now having to hit volume down until it goes silent which most times takes several additional presses. Also, I have yet to find the official Netflix app being online quite yet although if you had previous installations it apppears to be working.

I basically would say the upgrade is worth it if you don't plan on connecting to N routers, still have the original Netflix app from 2.2, and don't use voice search much.

Journeyman

I have had no problems with the updates. I guess im one of the lucky few, but netflix again works like a charm, and yes i do agree that it does seem faster to me for some reason. But i do have to say that the EVO 3D is amazing with GB, so quick and smooth its crazy. I was privleged enough to be a Advocate for it and its amazing!!!

Journeyman

Hey BULLDOG051981

I was a little nervouis to remove Netflix 1.2.2 and finally man up to it. I download XDA Netflix MOD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx4l54wgoqq27eo/Netflix-1.2.2-jzmod.apk

and it works very well. Do I need to worry about XDA MOD?

Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

It doesn't hurt to try. I did it when I 1st got my GB update. You might want to download AppMonstser and backup your apps to ur SD card so you won't go crazy looking for them in the appmarket.

AppMonster is awesome.

What would we do without Forums.

NRHTX

Wizard

I'm not sure where you're getting the $699 price for the EVO 3D.  It's only $549 on the Sprint website.  A manager at Best Buy told me that they were probably going to sell it for $499 because of a $50 instant rebate.  Also, they'll give you $150 for your EVO 4G towards a the purchase of a 3D.  That's only $350 out of pocket.

Journeyman

Go to the Android Market and search for SilentMode OnOff

it will allow you to install a widget (1x1) that you can quickly toggle between Sound/Vibrate/Silent

Hope that helps with your issue

Journeyman

Or you can just place the stock sound profile widget on you home screen. 

GrandMaster

or long press on the main screen and hit "widgets". at the top is get more HTC widgets. in there you will find an app called profile. click that and download it. go back a page and it will be under settings in the widgets area. presto...your done.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I got the update at 3am est. 

For me at home the voice-to-text seems to work better than before.  My husband, however, got his update this morning and it doesn't work in the 18-wheeler whereas it used to work in the truck before the update. 

Journeyman

Finally got the update! Netflix is working, which was the only problem I had. Good to go now!

Highlighted
Journeyman

davidjameslucas wrote: I'm not sure where you're getting the $699 price for the EVO 3D.  It's  only $549 on the Sprint website.  A manager at Best Buy told me that  they were probably going to sell it for $499 because of a $50 instant  rebate.  Also, they'll give you $150 for your EVO 4G towards a the  purchase of a 3D.  That's only $350 out of pocket.

I was just at the Colma, CA Best Buy yesterday. They told me $699.99 since I already used my hardware upgrade discount. The buy back program was for those who were willing to shell out an extra $40 during their contract extension or signup when getting an EVO 4G (which is a net of $110 to buy your used EVO since $150 - $40 = $110. SO, $699.99 - $110 = $589.99 which is nowhere close to $350 out of pocket). Their website even states the same thing.  See for yourself:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HTC+-+EVO+3D+Mobile+Phone+-+Black+%28Sprint%29/2817051.p?id=121835339325...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat