Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Wizard

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)

- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)

- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1

- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)

Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available  “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)

is available that provides minor software enhancements.  Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions.  When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available.  Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

Update (6/22)

- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC.  Additional information will

be posted when available.

- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:

At  a Sprint repair store, the tech  suggested I try Vlingo Virtual   Assistant app.  I did and although more  cumbersome to use, it does  work  with or without background noise.  It  works in situations where  Voice  Search use to work but no longer does.

733 REPLIES 733
Journeyman

Upon trying to get someone to fix Netflix...I was told by an Android Market Tech that Netflix Removed the Evo 4G from the compatible devices list. They don't know when it will be back up and running either. Really Sucks

Journeyman

DO ANYBODY HAVE A LINK FOR THE TV NOW APP AND THE SHOOT ME APP ......

Journeyman

I was told on the NEtflix facebook forum that a fix for the EVO will be out within a day or two in the market.

GrandMaster

yawarakai, christinac87

scroll up on this page. a link has been pasted to a netflix work around until netflix is actually back up and running. it has worked for multiple people already.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Luckily I haven't had all of the issues this update brought. However, I have one that I have only seen mentioned a couple of times in forums. Ever since the 2.3 update, I have been constantly losing internal memory. Everytime I shut down my phone or restart it, I lose 1 to 3 mb. Then, throughout the day, I lose 1 to 5 mb even if I do not shut down, restart or add anything to my phone. I have cleared cache, histories, messages, and call logs as well as uninstalled apps. Sometimes I may get a mb back once I do this, even if I clear say 5 mb of cache, only to have my internal memory decrease below where it started in a few minutes. A hard reset from both myself and a sprint tech did not fix this issue. After downloading and installing this patch, this issue remains. It is as if my phone's internal memeory is on a constant countdown timer where much of my memory cannot be recovered after it is cleared. I am just wondering if anybody else has had this issue, and if so, if they could kindly suggest a fix.

Thanks in advance to anyone.

To be clear it is my internal memory storage, not the RAM.

Message was edited by: jdip18

Journeyman

Well.....did the update for the update and so far....all seems to be working the same, which is NOT WORKING. Still no "amber" or orange LED for text msg notifications as there was prior to June 3 update. Anyone else bothered by that? lol...

Journeyman

got the update at 1:00am last night. so far no stability issues. downloaded the netflix app from dropbox and its working great. no issues so far. checking all the other issues from last update now.

and by the way for all you network haters. back off a little bit. you have to realize how many phones and os's are on the network and how long it takes to get updates stable and push them out  to everyone. so chill. they will always be available sooner or later.

Journeyman

I think I know what is causing some EVO 4G phones to show a 'low storage space' message in the notifications after the update. It seems the update caused the contacts app to find and link all facebook profile photos to each contacts information! It took me the better part of the afternoon to realize what happened. So if you have a huge friends list on facebook, check to see if their profile pic is now visible when it once wasn't. Did the update reset some settings the user had in place before the update?

Sprint/HTC, PLEASE FIX THIS!!! I don't think I want to unlink 4000+ facebook friends in my contacts list. Not sure if any other things changed...but this seems to be the issue on my EVO after the maintenance update.

****Had to delete the data in the fb app. No big deal, but please be careful****

Journeyman

Still no option for "amber" or orange LED for received text message notification.

GrandMaster

have you pulled up what all is running when this is happening? some apps might be popping up that shouldnt be.

i know i gained quiet a bit of memory back by deleting alot of my sent/recieved messages in my email.  cleared all the un needed ones. ditto with the trash and spam areas. didnt know it had that much of a impact even when it wasnt being used

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

it was amber before? mine was always green for notifications and amber for either your phones about to croak or its charging and not full yet.

agreed though. notification LED works off and on when it choses. before the update even while charging if you got a text it would still notify you until you either read it or cleared it...now nothing. just the charge amber LED.

Journeyman

Voice search is still not working, this is a big issue, how come it hasn't been addressed?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat