cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Highlighted
Journeyman

...it does have a dual core processor...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

and the 3D camera..but last i checked the camera is less than compared to the evo's. cant win them all i guess.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Okay, just spoke with HTC. They have already received numerous calls about Bluetooth. It's mainly with GM and Ford cars. And, it's with Google. This is how he described it. Google has changed the Stacks with this update, which is a series of numbers for capability. By changing, they made Bluetooth work for cars that weren't compatible before, and kicked out some that WERE compatible. He said Google has been notified (along with the "sensitivity" issue with Speak to Text...which is why we're having problems with Speak to Text while driving) and the Bluetooth issue will be resolved. What really ticks me off is that Goggle knew, when they changed the Stacks, that they would be picking up "certain" cars, and kicking out "certain" cars!!!

Thanks, Google!!! Please fix this!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

DJSCISSORHANDS01 wrote:

I called HTC at (866) 449-8358 and they opened a ticket for the bluetooth. The ticket number is 11usc260004615.

I just got off the phone with HTC also. Did they explain what they believe the issue is? Read my last post.

Everyone with Bluetooth issues, please call Sprint and HTC. Get this reported.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see how that could work, but it is an annoyance.  I have since abandonded the icons in folders for the near term, so thats not a biggie for me now.  But just noting it is still occuring.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MATTJMOORE1 wrote:

Thats BS if they're telling you that.  I called the other day (and after going through 3 different people, giving my information  times) spoke to "tech support".  She did some remote resetting and stuff and ultimatly told me to talk to my dealer.  Frustrating...

I hate it how Sprint lies all the time! And, such lack of communication between their tech support! Of course they had a record of it! HTC sure has a record, a LONG one!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went ahead and took the 6/20 update, but I'm also not seeing any fixes to the voice commands overcoming ambient noise (which was introduced as a new issue with the earlier June GB update)

Highlighted
Journeyman

hokieinidaho32 wrote:

I went ahead and took the 6/20 update, but I'm also not seeing any fixes to the voice commands overcoming ambient noise (which was introduced as a new issue with the earlier June GB update)

Google is calling it a "sensitivity" issue, and working to resolve it! Don't you love it!

Highlighted
Wizard

Something doesn't make sense to me about that.  Why can we get one EVO  to work with a vehicle but then another one won't work with the same vehicle.  Nothing has changed about the Bluetooth system in the vehicle itself.  Robyn, that explanation would be ok if no EVO worked with the car.  I didn't get back with you for a while because I just went and picked up my wife twenty minutes away in a 2011 GMC Terrain.  I talked to her for the whole time on the way there using the Bluetooth in the Terrain connected to my EVO.  It never lost connection once.  But, our service manager's phone won't even pair on this same vehicle or any other vehicle.  I think he's tried about everything on the lot.  If it kicked out some vehicles, then that vehicle wouldn't work with any EVO, right?  Sounds to me like it kicked out some phones.

Highlighted
Wizard

I would really like to find out a true answer on this considering I'm going to have people calling me and coming in asking why their Bluetooth isn't working in their new car.  I guess I'll just have to tell them their phones messed up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Something has to have changed between '10 and '11 models.  My wife has a '10 Equinox and I have an '11.  Just tried with her car and everything seems to work just fine.  Connection does not drop.  There does appear to be a slight difference in the pairing process between the two.  In my car (the '11) the nice Bluethood lady tells me to start a search and find "Your Vehicle".  But in my wife's car (the '10) she says to find "General Motors".  So how the '10 and '11 models see the device seems to have changed and does have any impact here. 

Highlighted
Wizard

All  I know is that this is one of the very few phones that I've had trouble connecting to Bluetooth in a GM vehicle.  99% of the phones that I pair for people work fine and I never get any complaints.  Usually, the only time I've ever had trouble is maybe with a really old phone.  As far as any of the newer phones go, I never have any that don't work, except for certain EVO's now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat