cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)

- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)

- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1

- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)

Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available  “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)

is available that provides minor software enhancements.  Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions.  When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available.  Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

Update (6/22)

- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC.  Additional information will

be posted when available.

- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:

At  a Sprint repair store, the tech  suggested I try Vlingo Virtual   Assistant app.  I did and although more  cumbersome to use, it does  work  with or without background noise.  It  works in situations where  Voice  Search use to work but no longer does.

733 REPLIES 733
Highlighted
Journeyman

No I do not get any new messages when doing the refresh or any error code. I have no other email apps besides the preloaded one that came with the phone. But I do have 2 different yahoo accounts and one of them works fine and gets all the messages. They are exactly the same just differnt user names. I have checked and dbl checked all settings to make sure they match as well as deleating the non working account and re-doing it.

Journeyman

My wife uses Yahoo mail (much to my chagrin) and uses the Mail APP from Yahoo (after initial update to GB the mail app on the EVO was sluggish etc).  That being said I also have a yahoo account mainly for SPAm and signups etc.  I am now using the HTC mail app and it seems to be working ookay, but my wife is getting better results with her Yahoo Maill App form the market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the update, hope it works, thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Netflix is now in the market, and is supported on evo with 2.3

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

SAM0919, with having trouble with only one of the two accounts I'd say it's possible that it's a problem with the mail app, but more likely related to the account. do you check the account anywhere else apart from the phone or web? do you see new messages in the inbox for that account online that you do not see in the phone? have you contacted yahoo! and asked them to check/compare your accounts?

to rule out a phone problem you may consider completing a factory reset and setup the non working account first. bear in mind if there are any large messages queued up in one account it's possible for the refresh to timeout before it has completed, you may also want to try the yahoo mail app from the market.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I installed the yahoo app from the market and it works great thanks! The master reset is not a option I want to explore...lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well hello everyone, my problem is not with the update but I just need your help, Ima be honest, like 4 months ago i rooted my phone.... i did it with the long method... well while putting the code to save wifi and everything that didn't work soo yeah but i go rooted anyways and the same day i unrooted my phone because i wasn't able to send messages. so yeah my wi fi doesnt work and either my blue tooth... when i go to settings/wirless and network and i touch WiFi to turn it on it says turning on and then it says Error. and it doesn't find anyyyy wirles or anything it just stay off.... please help me =[

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I'm glad that helped SAM0919, please post back if you need more help.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Since updating on Sunday 6/19, Google Maps appears to be downloading in the notifications pull-down, but it has been stuck at 4% since 6/19.  I have tried updating GM to try to get it to restart and maybe remove it from notifications.  I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Neither or these things has worked.  I have also had issues with composing texts and emails.  The cursor jumps around when I attempt to place it.

Has anyone else has issues like this?

Highlighted
Wizard

I apologize about your issue. Since I have updated my EVO, only once in my notifications I had Google maps, but Google maps was updating. Also do you have 4G in your area? If so, turn on your 4G and see if that helps with the Google maps. The issue with composing text messages and emails, have you tried leaving the phone on and while on take the battery out? If that does not work, then I would suggest performing a hard rest on the device. sometimes after a software update, some phones might require a hard reset to complete an update. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought it was only me, but since the update, I have a voicemail notification stuck in the main screen, and even the voicemail is empty, the notification is still there. I even go to Settings to clear the voicemail notification, and it goes away, but only for a few minutes, and it comes back.

Please help!!

Highlighted
Wizard

This is a known issue and can be fixed by updating software to 4.24.651.1. On the device from the main screen select menu, then settings, system updates, then HTC software update. when you perform the update, that will fix your issue.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat