Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Wizard

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)

- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)

- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1

- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)

Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available  “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)

is available that provides minor software enhancements.  Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions.  When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available.  Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

Update (6/22)

- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC.  Additional information will

be posted when available.

- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:

At  a Sprint repair store, the tech  suggested I try Vlingo Virtual   Assistant app.  I did and although more  cumbersome to use, it does  work  with or without background noise.  It  works in situations where  Voice  Search use to work but no longer does.

733 REPLIES 733
Journeyman

I'm still waiting on the update.  That last update back at the first part of the month really jacked my EVO up!  My audio is all screwed up, the locking and unlocking sound no longer worked right after the update.  The volume up and down sounds sound like metal clinking on metal - didn't sound that way before. And the typing sounds when using the keypad is not audible any longer.

So - when do we get the maintenance fix? Waiting, waiting, waiting............

Wizard

This isn't really a reply, but I did a factory reset for the first time since I've had my EVO.  I just had a lot of stuff on my phone that I didn't use, so I was going to uninstall things anyway, so I thought what the heck.  I've never had any trouble with my phone, including these last two updates.  I guess I've been lucky.  Anyways, I thought my phone was running really well until I did the reset, now I see that it wasn't running as good as I thought.  It's like a brand new phone and smoother than ever.  I had it all back to the way I wanted it within a couple of hours.  If you're like me and have never considered doing one, because you didn't want to replace everything etc., you may want to think about doing it.  Big, big improvement.  Also, I've never had Netflix on my phone until yesterday.  It's awesome!  What a cool thing to have on your phone.  I'm also surprised how well it streams in 3G.  I have the HBO Go app, which is pretty cool, but Netflix is beyond awesome.  Now, I know why everyone was complaing so much when it quit working.

GrandMaster

theyre blaming it on google..but how many phones out there now are running on gingerbread and having the same issue? if that were the case they would have the same issues as the evo is.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

i did a factory reset before..that's why im trying to avoid it at all costs lol. the apps that i have on my phone now i understand will be listed under my google account or whatever...and i just have to make sure my contacts are all put on my sd card..i might just take it into the sprint repair store around the corner from my work and have them do it..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I got in touch with Netflix regarding my issue - getting a message about needing to sign in with my main account, even though I was using that account.  It turns out that my wife had the same issue on her iPad.  They have noted that it is a rare but known issue that they are working on, and to just try again from time to time. 

Just wanted to note that on case anyone else was having the same problem.

Wizard

The way I did the factory reset:

1)  Backed up contacts to SD card.

2)  Transfered all apps on SD card back to phone (manually deleted the last ones that would't fit on phone).

3)  I removed my SD card before resetting.  I did this just in case.

4)  Went to settings / storage / factory reset.

I actually called and talked to Sprint before I did the reset just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  I wrote down everything that was on my phone.  The tech said it was unnecessary to remove my SD card to do the reset, but said that I could remove it.  I removed it just to make sure nothing got messed up or accidentally deleted, since it was my first time ever doing it.  As soon as you sign back into Google, go to the market and hit "my apps" and everything is still there for you.  I use Amazon App Store and it worked the same for it, too.  I know that most people know how to do this, I just thought I would share how I did it, because it went flawless for me. 

Wizard

Also, Fireguy, if you're worried about your contacts, which I was, you just open up contacts and hit the menu button.  It gives you the option to export all contacts to SD card.  Then after resetting, you do the same thing and just import contacts from SD to phone.

Journeyman

Or if you sync to you gmail account, the erase away no worries.  I have done it 2 times and both times all have returned upon setting up the account...  As I noted before I have no "Phone contacts" in the EVO only gmail associated with my account(s)

GrandMaster

not to worried about that. mainly just doing it and reseting up the phone to how i had it being a pain in my a#$ lol.

Journeyman

your paid apps will show up in the market, free won't.

that seems to be hit or miss on phones/roms.

Journeyman

I am a bit ** retentive about that so I now have a spreadsheet with Apps I have installed (configs) notification sounds if configured, Widgets and settings used and a seperate tab with 7 4x4 blocks so I know what I had on each etc... I think I may qualify for Android OCD of the year...

Sprint Employee

In my experience it is related to your gmail account, All of my old phones I pass down to my sister, almost eveytime she activates/signs in to gmail the market/my apps shows a full list of apps, free and paid, I never see any apps in the same situation.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat