cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Journeyman

KDommer wrote:

I'm tempted to do a reset just to clean out the junk but one thing I'm worried about is losing progress in games, such as Angry Birds.  Do 'app backup' apps also backup the app's data and allow you to restore that as well?

I think there is an app backup option in ASTRO, but I have never used that feature.  I'm pretty sure all will go smooth with my contacts, email, etc, but I don't want to lose all of my Angry Birds progress! 

For Angry Birds there are free backup apps you can find in the Android Market.  There are several, but I use the ones created by ANTBEE.  There's one for each version of AB.  They use a 2 file method--one for the score and one for the settings (sound, last world played, etc).  The apps from ANTBEE also save/restore your golden eggs (golden fruit in Rio), while the other backup apps don't.  And most importantly they work well.  Just make sure to complete at least one level (1-1 since that's the only one available at start-up) before attempting a restore.  For other games (Stupid Zombies, Plants vs Zombies, etc) you're going to have to come up with something different (I feel your pain).  Some people say Titanium Backup works, but you have to have a rooted phone, which I'm guessing you don't since you're thinking about doing a Factory Reset.

As far as Astro's backup option--it's used to backup an app to a APK file, not the data for the app.  You can use the APK to restore the game, but not your progress.

Sprint Employee

Hello kathleenkelley15 Netflix should be available in tha market again while running sw number 4.24.651.1

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Thanks for the info Magician!  Angry Birds is about all I play (that I care about progress in anyway).  I have a couple more apps that require "settings", but I can easily make a note of my settings and restore them later.  And no, I'm not rooted.

I haven't decided yet whether or not I want to do a reset, but I'm keeping the option open.  I don't know that it will even fix the issues I have (one being Sense restarting randomly when backing out of apps).

On a side note:  I was getting tons of email notifications of responses to this thread so I clicked the option at the upper-right of this page to cancel the email notifications.  However, I continue to receive them even though this page appears to be telling me I'm not supposed to (the link now says "Receive email notifications").  Anyone know how to stop these darn things?  ha ha

Journeyman

nice find...I wish Sprint would follow Verizons logic

Journeyman

You are absolutely right. Bluetooth and voice to text (while driving) no longer work. Sprint could care less.

Journeyman

VOICEMAIL NOTIFICATIONS STILL NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

I have the 2.3 software version 4.24.651.1 (Build Number CL61076)

When I call up my cell number from a land line and listen to my voicemails and delete them ("7" for delete a voicemail) they still remain on my EVO and don't automatically go away like they are supposed to.   Is this going to get fixed???

Steve

Journeyman

DolbyTone,

Use Google Voice. It's better then the built in Sprint app.

NRHTX

Highlighted
Journeyman

The release of the EVO 3D and seeing a whole bunch of Sprint's TV commercial ads promoting it, in reality, marks the end for any real devotion to provide maintenance updates for EVO 4G owners. It happened with the HTC Hero, and it's going to happen with the HTC EVO 4G.

Sprint Employee

from my experience with Visual Voicemail when you get a new voicemail the recording is sent to the voicemail app in your phone, and the phone notifys you of a new voicemail, and untill that voicemail has been loistened to from the app it will still register as new without regard to if it still exists on the server, which is somewhat different than the "phantom" notifications that were seen in which no message had been left in the voicemail box yet customers were notified of new messages. as many others in this thread have suggested I suggest Google voice it's great and designed with Android phones in mind.

Sprint Employee

Vespa55, all phones reach an end of life for software updates usually based on contractual agreements with the manufacturers. unfortunately the manufacturers will rarely provide software updates beyond what they are required to. In the past some agreements were for web services as well a good example is the Treo 300, after it's agreement with palm was fulfilled users had to install a new web browser because palm shut down the server which made blazer work on it. the Evo however will continue to work fine even if no other software updates are released.

Journeyman

I have read through more of the thread and I am thankful I didn't kill my phone with an update. I decided not to update and seems that was the best decision. I spend a lot of time in my car and if bluetooth and voice commands aren't working, that's a deal breaker for me.

Journeyman

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!!! Bluetooth!!!

Okay, I decided to take my phone to Sprint today and have it cleaned and put back to factory settings. Then, I took it to my car, had already deleted everything from my car's bluetooth, and paired it. When I got the box that asked to allow my Contacts to Bluetooth, I tagged "don't ask me again" and "decline."

MY BLUETOOTH WORKS!!!! I am so happy! This is basically what the Service Mgr at my GMC dealership told me. But, I couldn't undo the contacts going to Bluetooth without cleaning my phone first.

So, anyone having issues, go get the phone swiped clean! And, DECLINE allowing your contacts to go to Bluetooth.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat