HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
- Fix for battery discharge issue
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application
- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)
- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)
- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)
- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1
- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)
Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)
is available that provides minor software enhancements. Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”
- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions. When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message
that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.
- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC. Additional information will
be posted when available.
- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:
At a Sprint repair store, the tech suggested I try Vlingo Virtual Assistant app. I did and although more cumbersome to use, it does work with or without background noise. It works in situations where Voice Search use to work but no longer does.
Since upgrading my HTC Evo 4G to Gingerbread I have been encountering new issues never experienced before. 1. on occasion the HTC sense screen will freeze and I can not move the screen or drag the opening unlock down or when I'm reading news and try to switch to other article. I have to press the power button, then press again to get my touch screen back. 2. For no reason my phone will power off. Example last night I was talking with phone plugged into charger, this morning I had to wait for it to boot back up before I could use it. 3. This one occured this morning after the boot up. I could not make a connection via 3G. Neither voice or data. Contacted Sprint customer service and after 2 hours, they told me to take it into a repair store. This phone has had zero problems for over a year now. While at the store I turned off my security code and immediately 3G started working. The store went ahead and checked the phone out but couldn't find anything wrong. Their next option is to wipe everything out. I don't use any wild apps, things like Bank of Am, Am Airlines, Astrid, Note Everything, etc. Hopefully either the App people or the Sprint/HTC people will find out that something is out of sink.
Ok, so the reason for sense fc'ing all the time is because you are running applications designed for froyo, if you do a system reset and only install gingerbread optimized applications it wont happen. Also try downloading the new android market, it seems to have fixed the majoity of my network issues, except for i have real s**ty wifi now because no wi-n. Re install voice search from the market it fixed my voice control problems completly. Sprint and HTC might not care but google is doing what they can by making their apps run smoother on gingerbread.
Where did you get the new market app?
I have been going into the regular market from my EVO and there is no update.
Here is the weird part, I also did a Vocie Search and it indicated it was installed fine, when I click on it it says update. I looked at my current version and it read 2.1.1 and version 2.1.4 is avail.
So is the regular market not working?
my phone is doing the same exact thing. they told me they would send me a replacement but im covinced its the software and not the phoe. how was your situation resolved? could you email me @ email@example.com
its a bad idea to put personal information in here. especially emails. might want to edit that
Well since Sprint and HTC are dropping the ball on fixing this....a friend of mine sent me this link.. if you want to do this...
How to Root Gingerbread 2.3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1218386
Me? I am staying and waiting for Sprint to fix their screw up...I call up each month and have been credited money on my account since Sprint made my device into a subpar device.
Rooted a friend's EVO 4G earlier using the tool and procedure in this thread. Worked like a charm! He's already running Cyanogenmod 7.
Sprint should thank Alpharev and Unrevoked, who saved them at least one customer. He was becoming seriously frustrated with the many features that are still broken after two and a half months and Sprint's lackluster repsonse over the whole situation.
Disclaimer: I wouldn't suggest anyone root unless they are fully aware of what root is and the implications/possible consequences of doing so.
I rooted my 4G EVO works nice. I have a question about Cyanogenmod 7? Did everything else work, like 4G, Wireless etc.
Also can you please provide the link to
This is the link I have but he indicated that the 4G, Connect to device as a drive does not work.