HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
- Fix for battery discharge issue
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application
- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)
- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)
- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)
- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1
- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)
Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)
is available that provides minor software enhancements. Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”
- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions. When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message
that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.
- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC. Additional information will
be posted when available.
- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:
At a Sprint repair store, the tech suggested I try Vlingo Virtual Assistant app. I did and although more cumbersome to use, it does work with or without background noise. It works in situations where Voice Search use to work but no longer does.
It is 5:41AM Pacific Standard Time which is technically June 20th. Any idea what time this update will be available OTA for Sprint EVO 4G owners? The HTC software update and Firmware Update features on my phone keep telling me that there is no update available.
I am running software number: 4.22.651.2
As of 7:45 AM CST my phone does not find any updates available (even after a manual check). Any idea when we will be able to download this update? I really need some of these fixes for my phone.
Where is the 6/20/11 update or fix for the 6/6/11 release. I have been checking and checking and have done the battery and sd card pull thing three times now. Trying to update manually and still showing no updates or phone is up to date message.
Do this fix the Netflix app and the tv now app.... Voicemail, clock,Theres a lot of apps that don't work since 6/6/11 update
9:50AM EST, There are no updates available for you phone.
I am being patient but the way updates have been handled are kinda goofy. I still may jump to the EVO 3D so not sure how much I really care.
Does anyone know if this will fix my SD card issue. Since the update my Evo doesn't recognize my SD card.
Love my Evo........hoping for good things.
When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.
Aaargh! Subscribe to the Captain's Log to find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.