cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Journeyman

nope

Journeyman

Voice to text still not working while driving. This is a major safety issue still!  Now, people will take their eyes off the road to text, more lives wasted. How shameful to take a safe phone and render that function useless, then not fix it in the upgrade to the last downgrade.

Journeyman

No, never blinked when had any missed notifications charging. When on the charger, always only solid amber when charging and solid green when fully charged....

Wizard

VETORAMA wrote:

Voice to text still not working while driving. This is a major safety issue still!  Now, people will take their eyes off the road to text, more lives wasted. How shameful to take a safe phone and render that function useless, then not fix it in the upgrade to the last downgrade.

Hard to say whether this was intentional or not.  Texting while driving, at least in California, is illegal regardless of the input method.  Doesn't matter if your talking or using your thumbs.  The device needs to be hands free.  Even if the entire text input is through speech, you still need to press the send button.  At least that's the way our insurance agent explained it.  (The company I work for does transportation.)

I do miss it though.  I will say that after today's update, the voice dial is way more accurate.  At least when I'm not moving.

Wizard

Even with Voice to Text your FULL attention is not on the road and you are STILL unsafe. Don't blame them because people can't wait until a stop light or pull over to communicate with someone.

To claim that lack of Voice to Text makes the phone unsafe because it was safe with it is laughable. Try that one in front of a judge because you rear ended someone with talking or texting and watch him\her throw the book at you.

VETORAMA wrote:

Journeyman

I just updated and i never had a problem with my phone until this update! My mail not gmail my regular HTC, Andriod, mail wont open up its frooze now! Cant open or delete mail. Tried rebooting pulling the battery nothing! Guess i have to take the phone to Sprint store.

Journeyman

This second update didn't help my issues at all. Voice to text while driving still not working. Why have that microphone on the swype keyboard! And, my bluetooth still isn't working. This REALLY makes me mad! I want my original EVO back!

Journeyman

ALynch40 wrote:

Even with Voice to Text your FULL attention is not on the road and you are STILL unsafe. Don't blame them because people can't wait until a stop light or pull over to communicate with someone.

To claim that lack of Voice to Text makes the phone unsafe because it was safe with it is laughable. Try that one in front of a judge because you rear ended someone with talking or texting and watch him\her throw the book at you.

VETORAMA wrote:

I'll give them another month to fix this stuff and then I'm doing something, new phone, new carrier, something.  No doubt it will cost a bunch of money but it's a matter of principle as much as anything.  I don't mind stuff being broke when I'm playing with bleeding edge software or if it's plainly listed as a beta, but this is a tool I use every day, and pay more than a little for.  THIS is what happens when you hack up software (android) and put it on a too customized device (read:HTC/Sense).  If I'd known before what I do now I'd have bought a pure android device, at least then I could turn to Google themselves for help.  Live and learn I guess. 

Journeyman

Just finished downloading the new Update and phne works flawlessly with everything.

Journeyman

those talking about the led issues, i think it'd really trip you out to know there's a second dark green led on the right side of the ear piece, i know cm7 uses it, but until i tried cm7 a while back i'd never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Journeyman

Nice , Thanks Sprint for fixing Netflix issue, although I had  uninstalled netflix and had to reinstall from an online apk (the netflix  app was not showing up in the market for me anymore), a service I  didn't care too much about. Why becuase Sprint's awsome 3G can not  possibly begin to stream netflix and I have to watch it over wifi. And,  that is usually at home so why not watch it on a big screen instead.  But, now Music on the Go is broken. With the earlier update I was able  to find a workaround through the proxy settings. And, now even that does  not work. MOG is a service that I use all the time and now I can not  use it anymore. Also, I do not have 4G service in my area and the 3G  service here works as fast as EDGE at best. So, tell me again why I am  being charged $10 extra/month for a multimedia device when I can not use  Sprint's data service for my multimedia needs anyway.

EVO was the most popular flagship device that Sprint had last  year and that means lots of users. With how Sprint has been handling  this update to gingerbread joke and with the ATT, T-Mobile merger in the  works, it would be interesting to see how Sprint fares in the next  quarter. Good job at shooting yourself in the foot. Same goes for HTC,  Android is a platform that you do not want to mess too much with, With  heavy Sense customization, these kind of issues are bound to happen.  Though Sense is the strongest selling point for HTC, overdone it might  turn out to be HTC's achile's heel. There is plenty of competition out  there and if HTC does not smart up quick the exodus might be a lot  faster than they might expect. Hope HTC/Sprint are able to get around  these issues pretty quick or they'll put off a lot of people from buying  their upcoming devices. I have been a lont time HTC fan but with these  nuances I am seriously thinking about moving to another manufacturer and  also influence everyone that I know to not buy HTC.

Journeyman

Well, my Tweetdeck is working again after a bit of a scare.  When I got home from work tonight I powered off my phione and put onthe charger.  A couple hours later I tried to turn it back on, but it was constantly rebooting.  I then pulled the battery out for a few minutes, put it back in, and turned it back on.  It still got in the reboot loop.  I pulled the battery again and then tried to do a System  Recover, but got the red exclamation mark inside thetriangle.  I pulled the battery again and then tried "Clear user data".  This finally worked, but now  I need to reinstall my apps.

I have never rooted or modded my phone in any way.  I shouldn't of had to go through such an ordeal.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat