cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Journeyman

11:30 EST still no update

tried 3G

tried 4G

tried WiFi

tried taking battery and SD card out  for 10 minutes

It may be  we WILL have to wait like dogs with a peice of steak in front of us with an owner that just teases us till they feel like giving it to us.

Journeyman

Because I don't attack a company that is giving us updates for our phone, a year after release, and they don't have it out the morning of the day they say its going to be released, that some how makes me super passive?  What a noob.

Journeyman

My guess is the update will come out at 12:00 PM PDT (which would be 3 PM EDT for those who can't do the conversion)

Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

For those of you who are playing the "wow all is right in the world".  Playing devil's advocate here....

The update that was released on 6/6/11 was done early in the morning.  see some of the posts that were posted at about 8 a.m. EST or even earlier.

So yes, indeed, some of us want it sooner than later. 

Journeyman

Folks, also remember that the EVO Shift is having it's GB release pushed out today as well. Don't be surprised if we don't see the OTA for our EVOs until the afternoon. Of course, I'm rooted, so I'm waiting for it to show up in ROM Manager.

It would be nice if they included the GB keyboard and allowed us to turn off Sense.

Wizard

VESPA55, just like the previous update, this is being released in waves from the HTC servers.  There is a maximum number of devices the software will be pushed to per day.  This is typical for devices with a large base of customers.  

Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Sprint actually told me it would be rolled out between Monday-Wednesday.  So I am being patient and hopeful that it will fix the Voice Search and Compass as well as the issues with Sense and the phone re-booting. 

However, I have right to be impatient!  They broke my perfectly working phone and caused me days of lost productivity trying to find a fix.

GrandMaster

dont you have to run sense for the phone to opperate or do you mean so we can run something else instead?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well noon brings nothing.....

Journeyman

Sprint actually told me it would be rolled out between Monday-Wednesday.  So I am being patient and hopeful that it will fix the Voice Search and Compass as well as the issues with Sense and the phone re-booting.

Sadly none of those issues are listed in the notes in the OP. Hopefully nothing new is broken with the update.

Wizard

I've removed nearly a third of the posts from this thread.  Please follow the guidelines for posting to this forum. 

Journeyman

A better use of your time would be providing an answer to the curious as to why this is taking so long.  In the future, maybe provide a schedule that explains exactly when people will get the update pushed to them.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat