Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

   to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)

- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)

- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)

,

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1

- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)

  Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available  “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)

  is available that provides minor software enhancements.  Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions.  When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message

  that no update is available.  Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

Update (6/22)

- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC.  Additional information will

  be posted when available.

- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:

At  a Sprint repair store, the tech  suggested I try Vlingo Virtual   Assistant app.  I did and although more  cumbersome to use, it does  work  with or without background noise.  It  works in situations where  Voice  Search use to work but no longer does.



733 REPLIES 733
Highlighted
Master

Welcome to the world of Bluetooth.   Bluetooth has profiles and operation are up to each individual company that writes them.   The bluetooth stack that a device has, determines what it can do, is  made up of individual profiles.  When the profiles are written the follow the the guidelines for the that profile  the extent to which the profiles match or don't match controls whether or not two device will work together for that function.  Blue tooth profiles can change when ever the software is updated.  As you can see here  works on 2010 car does not work on same model of 2011  the manufacture changed the profile   Used to work on 2011  phones profile changed  does not work on 2011   problem is a change can include a group and unintentionally exclude another .   

Highlighted
Wizard

My EVO has worked with literally every car I've tried it in today.  Go figure. 

EDIT:  I just made a 5 minute phone call using Bluetooth in a 2010 Cadillac CTS.  I tried the 2010 since all of the ones I had tried before were 2011.  Also, my service manager here at work called GM in Michigan and they told him that there is no difference in the Bluetooth system between the 2010 and 2011 besides a couple of commands and the way it appears on your phone when you pair it.  They said connectivity wise, it's exact.  They haven't changed the profiles on the vehicles.

Highlighted
Wizard

I still don't know why one EVO will work in a car, but another won't even connect in the exact same vehicles.  Oh, well, I did my little experiments and ended up more confused than I was at first.  At my job it's pretty simple, it either works, or it doesn't.  I'm just going to leave it for the programmers etc. to deal with it.  It's not like I can do something about it, anyways.  LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

One thing that has happend to my phone since the maintenance update:  The GPS icon in the status bar stays off (has diagnal line through it), even when the gps is active and running.  The GPS works fine, but the icon does not reflect the correct status.  This never occured prior to this update.  Has anybody else experienced this issue?  Ideas to resolve it?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Wizard

HUNTINGR wrote:

One thing that has happend to my phone since the maintenance update:  The GPS icon in the status bar stays off (has diagnal line through it), even when the gps is active and running.  The GPS works fine, but the icon does not reflect the correct status.  This never occured prior to this update.  Has anybody else experienced this issue?  Ideas to resolve it?  Thanks.


I could refresh your location based services from the network side and then update profile from the phone to see if we can get that to correct itself... I'll shoot you a PM, resond back to it if you would like me to try that.

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted
Journeyman

davidjameslucas wrote:

My EVO has worked with literally every car I've tried it in today.  Go figure. 

EDIT:  I just made a 5 minute phone call using Bluetooth in a 2010 Cadillac CTS.  I tried the 2010 since all of the ones I had tried before were 2011.  Also, my service manager here at work called GM in Michigan and they told him that there is no difference in the Bluetooth system between the 2010 and 2011 besides a couple of commands and the way it appears on your phone when you pair it.  They said connectivity wise, it's exact.  They haven't changed the profiles on the vehicles.

I didn't understand what the "Sprint" poster meant. Was he saying when Google changed the Stacks that it can work with SOME vehicles and NOT others (same model and year)?

Okay, would it possibly help if I went to Sprint and had my phone swapped out to another EVO? I can do that, it's called an OS issue. It's in the files to allow me to swap out. I sure hate to have to reset my phone, but if it possibly works with my Bluetooth I'd be more than happy to set my phone back up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

davidjameslucas wrote:

I still don't know why one EVO will work in a car, but another won't even connect in the exact same vehicles.  Oh, well, I did my little experiments and ended up more confused than I was at first.  At my job it's pretty simple, it either works, or it doesn't.  I'm just going to leave it for the programmers etc. to deal with it.  It's not like I can do something about it, anyways.  LOL

Right! What would be different about the Service Mgrs EVO???

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ _DAVID_ - Thanks for the quick response.  I sent you a PM.  I appreciate your help on this. 

Highlighted
Wizard

HUNTINGR wrote:

@ _DAVID_ - Thanks for the quick response.  I sent you a PM.  I appreciate your help on this.

No problem.  Refreshed your device, looks like your device just finished - go ahead and pull your battery and power it back on.  Once back at the main screen, check out your GPS symbol and see if it has changed. If not - press home>menu>settings>system updates>update profile. Let me know what happens!

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the two updates and nothing changed on my phone i even took it to sprint after the first update and was told when the next update come's out we will call you to see if you had anything change but no call yet. [bob]

Highlighted
Wizard

I don't know, Robyn. I'm completely lost on it. Maybe I just can't comprehend things or something! LOL  By the way, Sprint told him pretty much the same thing that the other tech posted on here, that's why he called GM.  General Motors tech reps say that it is without a doubt, the phone.  If anyone comes in our dealership with the problem, we're really not going to have an answer for them, when mine works and their's doesn't, and we have the exact same phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ _DAVID_ - AWESOME! That seems to have resolved the issue, but time will tell.  The GPS icon in the status bar now reflects the correct status.  THANKS A BUNCH FOR HELPING ME TO FIX THIS!

Note: It did work once in a while after the update, but for the most part did not, that's why I said "time will tell".

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat