cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)

- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)

- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1

- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)

Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available  “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)

is available that provides minor software enhancements.  Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions.  When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available.  Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

Update (6/22)

- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC.  Additional information will

be posted when available.

- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:

At  a Sprint repair store, the tech  suggested I try Vlingo Virtual   Assistant app.  I did and although more  cumbersome to use, it does  work  with or without background noise.  It  works in situations where  Voice  Search use to work but no longer does.

733 REPLIES 733
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi HECTORCRPR1, did you complete the 2nd update to take your software number to 4.24.651.1 from 4.22.651.2?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually no, didn't know there was a new update. I'll do it now, thanks!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Howdy,

I've been following this thread, and other similar threads relating to the Evo GB update, and have an issue that I have only seen mentioned once on this board with no resolution.  It appears that there has been a steady stream of good Sprint Tech support over the past day or two on here, so I wanted to see if I could get some insight to this issue.

I held off on the initial GB update from 6/4 after reading some pretty bad reviews.  I waited until there were enough positive reviews on the patch dated 6/20 to actually update.  I finally did update and aside from the Voice Input issue that has been widely documented (and I believe acknowledged by Google?) I don't believe I have any additional issues with the exception of this:

It appears that my internal storage is depleting without the addition of any apps.  Every so often, I'll receive the "Low Storage" warning and after an attempt of clearing caches, I am forced to uninstall apps to get the warning to go away.

Is this a known bug?  Is there something that is causing a "leak" of storage?  I had never had this issue prior to the update.

Please advise.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello toxictoastkatz, I've been told a few things regarding the low memory issue, in short the low memory threshold had been increased so you will get the warning at a higher value than before, and 2.3 caches more data than previously. I would suggest completing a factory reset after backing up essential data, if you still notice the same results post back please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there anyway to avoid a factory reset?  If not, is there any way to backup apps/settings?  As you can imagine, setting up a phone again with all apps and settings is a very time consuming effort.

RC1024 wrote:

Hello toxictoastkatz, I've been told a few things regarding the low memory issue, in short the low memory threshold had been increased so you will get the warning at a higher value than before, and 2.3 caches more data than previously. I would suggest completing a factory reset after backing up essential data, if you still notice the same results post back please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My email (yahoo specifically) does not sync. It started this issue about a day or so ago. Any ideals. I have clear cache, deleted and add account. rebooted phone several times and removed battery. Nothing works.

Highlighted
Master

try downloading the yahoo mail app from the market and see if that resolves the issue.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would have never updated my device had I needed to do that especially since it worked before all this Gingerbread foolishness but will try.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the issues with the compass not calibrating right, the voice to text not working, the ghost voice mail notification,and the front cam not working in Yahoo or Tango. i went into the Sprint store and there is NO way to reinstall the working Froyo system after the OTA. Something about it changed the bootloader. I called Sprint and complained about my NON working phone now...they gave me a $21 credit on my account. I would rather have a fully working phone!

The more people call and complain and get credits(lost money for sprint), the more Sprint will force HTC to send out a working version of Gingerbread.

Anyone know how to reinstall the working non Gingerbread builds on a stock EVO 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Is there anyway to backup my 3.29.651.5 version of my phone so that I can restore it if I have any issues after updating my phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No dice. I cannot sync my mail accounts. I cannot go back to 2.2. What the heck do I do now? My phone has been made worst not better. Arrrrgh!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

hello FSUFIREMAN42, have you updated to 4.24.651.1 from 4.22.651.2?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat