HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.24.651.1 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
- Fix for battery discharge issue
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application
- Corrects voicemail notification issue (from 4.22.651.2)
- Corrects issue with hearing aid compatibility menu disappearing (from 4.22.651.2)
- Netflix compatibility (from 4.22.651.2)
- The new software version is: 4.24.651.1
- This update should be applied to devices on 4.22.651.2 (Android 2.3 update) and 3.70.651.1 (Froyo)
Devices on 4.22.651.2 will receive the following message when this update is available “A system upgrade for 2.3 (Gingerbread)
is available that provides minor software enhancements. Please download and install the following update. System Upgrade 4.24.651.1 (25 MB)”
- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release blog for install instructions. When manually trying to initiate the update, you may receive a message
that no update is available. Please be patient and check back later, or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.
- Voice to text (voice search) and compass problems have been reported and are being investigated by Sprint and HTC. Additional information will
be posted when available.
- Voice to text alternative per community member darnatl:
At a Sprint repair store, the tech suggested I try Vlingo Virtual Assistant app. I did and although more cumbersome to use, it does work with or without background noise. It works in situations where Voice Search use to work but no longer does.
RC1024, I did both! The guys I know that "rooted" ( if I am saying that correctly) their EVOs and have a custom ROMs are laughing now. I didnt want to root cause everything was working on my phone...the term WAS.
So I just had the most infuriating conversation with HTC. They were actually more rude and unhelpful than Sprint, which I didn't think was possible. Basically the very rude rep told me that its not their problem and they don't support connectivity to cars. They test with headsets. She said I woudl have to check with Chevy to see if the EVO is a supported device. She had to audacity to tell me that even though my connectivity had been working just fine to 10 months, and stopped working literally the day Android 2.3 was pushed, that this does not confirm 2.3 is the problem (WTF?). So HTC was no help to me what so ever...
Hi I'm new so bear with me. B4 the first update earlier this month I searched several forums to see the complaints, issues, etc., etc. and quite a few people suggested a factory reset then update then factory reset again and they had no issues. So on June 11th I did the same thing and had no issues as well. I'm just curious if any1 in this discussion did a factory reset b4 installing this latest update? I undrstnd that sometimes things have quirks in the beginning n will eventually work themselves out, but I just wanted some concrete advice n knowledge b4 I do the update. I've read also that bloatware may be an issue too n this is why the SENSE hasn't been updated. Do you know if there's any truth to that? Just curious. In the meantime, I appreciate all the advice given here, some of you are funny as hell but I thank you in advance for all your help. If I should happen to come across any advice to help you guys with any of your issues I will definitley share it with you, my fellow EVO friends. Thanks for hearing me out.
I know it has already been suggested, we just got official communication regarding the Yahoo! issues with GB... We are waiting to hear from Yahoo! and have made engineers available to work with Yahoo to root cause and resolve the issue. As mentioned earlier, downloading the Yahoo mail application from the market is the workaround until further notice.
I didn't have issues with the 1st update either (I did a factory reset b4 n after update) did you just update when prompted or did you do a factory reset as well? Just trying to make up my mind what to do b4 I install this latest update. I like not having any issues.
Is sprint/htc acknowledging the problem with htc sense constantly reloading when backing out of apps or returning to the home screen? If so is there a fix planned or a way to fix this currently?
I've had the problem with 2 different evos after multiple factory resets.
is that the reason i cant sync my yahoo to my phone? im running the yahoo mail app from the market. actually it wont sync messanger as well. gives the option to sync them though. does it pull them over to the list of sync'd things or does it kind of sit in limbo? ive tried it multiple times and it never goes over.
I did a factory reset b4 I downloaded the first update (did update June 11) n I didn't have any issues with my Yahoo! mail. I just went back to market to re-install it. I haven't done the latest update yet, just a little leary with all the issues I've been reading but I guess I'll just factory reset again b4 installing this new update just to be on the safe side. If I see any solutions in other forums I will let you guys know.