cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also curious as to the approach of this update.  As a newer customer (joined with Sprint last year for the Evo), I was happy to see that the official Sprint twitter announced this update.  Now I'm quite confused and upset to find out that I may have to wait another couple of days for something that was "released" today.  Not sure what that means to Sprint, but it sure didn't match my definition.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After every update, there is usually a chorus of people wailing about something the update broke, yet when a new update is announced, they eagerly get in line, saying, "please, sir may I have some more".

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've removed nearly a third of the posts from this thread.  Please follow the guidelines for posting to this forum.

Could you give us some guidelines on whether this update will address the Voice Search and Compass issues? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Perhaps they just sent it out to a few guinea pigs first, to see if it creates more problems. Sure would be nice to get netflix back, considering I'm paying for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After every update, there is usually a chorus of people wailing about  something the update broke, yet when a new update is announced, they  eagerly get in line, saying, "please, sir may I have some more".

What choice do we have?

"Can you hear me now:" THEY BROKE MY PERFECTLY WORKING PHONE WITH THE UPDATE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The approach of all updates (whether it be, Sprint, HTC, or Microsoft Windows for that matter)  is:

1.  They are uploaded to a server.

2.  The update is then pushed to secondary servers on a time/load basis.

3.  These are propagated down through the internet(in our case mobile network) and there is a large gap between the time they are uploaded to the server, and updates are pushed out to individual devices.

The update is not on a "release at 9 AM basis"  It is on a supply/demand type of basis.  The 1 million+ people who are constantly hitting check for update only slow down this process, because it creates more demand for the for the bandwidth supply.  Its the way it always has been for OTA updates.  Its nothing new folks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

darnatl wrote:

After every update, there is usually a chorus of people wailing about  something the update broke, yet when a new update is announced, they  eagerly get in line, saying, "please, sir may I have some more".

What choice do we have?

"Can you hear me now:" THEY BROKE MY PERFECTLY WORKING PHONE WITH THE UPDATE!

Whats your def. of perfectly working phone?  The update two weeks ago fixed quite a few bugs that were on your phone, that affected a lot of other people.  I'm pretty sure you phone is still working, and you can still use it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is weird is when the EVO got gingerbread I was able to manually update the phone a few minutes after Android Central broke the news that the update was live. Now with this smaller maintanence update I can't get anything. My guess is HTC has not made the update live yet...someone jumped the gun at sprint...everyone needs to relax...the update will come and we will all get our devices fixed.

Highlighted
Wizard

I'd rather provide you answers than having to moderate the forums, however, without moderation, no one can find the answers even if they are posted.

I understand everyone wants to know when they will receive the update.  At this point, I haven't seen anything indicating that it's being done by region, time zone, serial number, etc.  It is being limited to a number of devices per day though. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Wizard

Not that I'm aware of.  I always include contents of the release in the original post. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unless this update fixes the removal of my wireless N network radio function, it is useless to me. Sprint seems to be ignoring this little problem, and I suspect since many people use networks set up to use b/g/n, they are unaware that Sprint (or someone) borked an important feature. Wireless N is the fastest and most secure, so I want it back. I did not buy this phone (which is rapidly becoming a POS in my mind) to use b or g wireless conectivity. Bah!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat