cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Journeyman

The only thing wrong with my phone is netflix

Journeyman

tinykay2, have you tried voice-to-text or voice search while driving?

Journeyman

No. only used it once a long time ago and it wasn't detecting what I was trying to say, so I never tried  again

Journeyman

I got lucky with all the updates I guess. Only issue I've had is netflix not working. I do think it helps that I factory reset my phone before installing updates. I figure that's how they're tested, so I do it that way. So far so good.   Anyways come on Sprint, I want my netflix back.

Journeyman

This will be my last HTC phone.  They have so screwed up my phone with this gb update it isn't really worthwhile for me to keep it. I have 13 bugs that have affected me with this last push and the back-and-forth between Sprint and HTC tech support have yeilded no tangible results. According to both Sprint and HTC a rollback is not an option which is insane that they don't offer this feature.

Journeyman

Then it's kind of hard to say the netflix is the only thing wrong with your phone.

Journeyman

Well it's the only thing wrong that I use. Better? Lol everything else is working fine. No freeZing,.restarting or any other craziness

Journeyman

hyperpyretic wrote:

This will be my last HTC phone.  They have so screwed up my phone with this gb update it isn't really worthwhile for me to keep it. I have 13 bugs that have affected me with this last push and the back-and-forth between Sprint and HTC tech support have yeilded no tangible results. According to both Sprint and HTC a rollback is not an option which is insane that they don't offer this feature.

Thanks, one less person I will have to stand in line behind when the next great HTC phone comes out.

Journeyman

You raised an interesting question.  If they really do test using phones that have been factory reset, it is wrong.  The only proper way to test is to use phones that reflect what the majority of owners have.  Otherwise, you'll wind up with the results of the last release.  BTW, the only problem I had was with the Netflix app, and for me, that is totally unimportant.

Wizard

I wouldn't get too down on Sprint.  Have you seen all of the update problems on the other carriers?  I know that I'm paying at least $100 less per month for my plan versus the same plan on the other three carriers.  Be glad Sprint still has true unlimted data etc.  As a long time AT&T customer (from the Cellular One days), I can assure you that I would much rather have Sprint than the other three.  Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile all have these update issues, too.  The only difference is, you'd be paying a lot more for them.  As I always say, if you're that unhappy, then pay the cancellation fee and go to another carrier.  That's what I did with AT&T, and I'm very happy I did.  Then, you can complain even more.  These updates with bugs etc. are pretty much the same across the board with Android.  If you can't stand it, get an Iphone.

Journeyman

I notice nobody has mentioned a low phone storage space issue.  I have been getting the low space notification since the update and have had to remove a good number of my apps that were on the phone prior to the update.  My husband has the same phone and mostly the same apps I do/did and doesn't have the issue, he has kept all of his apps without having to remove any.  I hope this is somehow included in the new update.

Journeyman

Of course we can complain! It is our right in this country to complain loudly and complain often!  😜

In all seriousness though...the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and Sprint (like any other business) will ignore as much as they possibly can get away with. So, we have to complain...a LOT, in order to be taken seriously. Sprint and my cable company have both openly admitted to me that until a certain quota number has been reached for a complaint/problem, no action will be taken. Complaining in here is a good way (hopefully)to get Sprint's attention and get those numbers up.

And no, I am not about to go to another carrier and pay a boatload more for the unlimited data service. I do want my phone to maintain the basic functions that I purchased it for, however.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat