cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Journeyman

well 3:15 EST and no new update.

For the guy that said or made a comment about is all you worry about is Netflix?  Me, no  not the only thing I am worried about with the numerous things that have buggered up the phone with the update. But when people do pay for a service(Netflix)  and it does not work with an update, Then you have a right to be upset.

I loved my EVO with 2.2..  with 2.3 update well I like it.. Hopefully with the fix update I will love it again.

Journeyman

Re: 6/20 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.24.651.1)

Wicked_Girl wrote this:

In all seriousness though...the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and Sprint  (like any other business) will ignore as much as they possibly can get  away with. So, we have to complain...a LOT, in order to be taken  seriously. Sprint and my cable company have both openly admitted to me  that until a certain quota number has been reached for a  complaint/problem, no action will be taken. Complaining in here is a  good way (hopefully)to get Sprint's attention and get those numbers up.

Sad, but true. The company I work for who maintain the forums and blogs for our website call the "apologists" - martyrs. We won't even open a problem ticket unless we get bombed publicly on a forum, Facebook, Twitter, etc. based on a particular glitch or bug on our website. Thanks to all the apologists for making our job easy! Now that I'm on the other end, as a Sprint customer, I don't really recall many people posting on the Sprint forums to give praise and give kudos to Sprint, HTC, or any other service here. People mainly complain here. Be happy you're not living in a country that forbids you to have freedom of SPEECH.

Journeyman

The update isn't even showing up on sprint's website under the list with all of the updates

Journeyman

So sprint folks whats the deal? Why is it not rolled out yet? Can anyone post that has received it?

Journeyman

Umm...yeah...so I just tried to voice dial my brother using my backbeat 906 stereo bluetooth and for the life of me, it can't tell the difference between names and numbers. Guess that's the dee-dee-dee mode you guys are referring to.  Never an issue since buying this headset, and sadly the fix is no fix.  You guys should count your blessings...Sprint could ignore all your issues and fix nothing...Nah, they would Never do that, right?...I mean they're # 1 in customer something or another.

Journeyman

hyperpyretic, if its not worthwhile for you to keep it, you can go ahead and send it to me.  You can always go with a Samsung and you will rarely ever have to worry about these kinds of issues since they don't like to update their phones to begin with (Nexus S excluded).

Journeyman

Does Sprint normally post there new updates on this website?

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_EVO_4G/ca...Smiley Very Happy

For what I could see they have not posted anything about version 4.24.651.1.

Still waiting for the updated version.

Version History

Current Version: 4.22.651.2

Version

Date released

Description of enhancements/fixes

4.22.651.26/6/2011

This update fixes:
- Text messages sometimes sent to wrong or random contact
- Use of "Me" instead of "Yo" in threaded text conversations set in Spanish
- Issue streaming media through some applications after previous update
- Email attachments not displayed in the mail client
- Multiple Gmail accounts not syncing after Froyo update
- Battery discharge issue

This update offers enhancements of:
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Downloads management, giving access to any file downloaded from the browser, email or other application

Journeyman

Still no update in Chicago (local time 2:56)

Obviously we get Gingerbread, is there any Sense UI update along with this or any time in the near future?

*I'll post if/when I get the update*

EDIT: Another question... I didn't get the update on the 6th ever... Does this mean I won't be seeing this one either??

Journeyman

I pay for Netflix as well, but I have a Wii and a computer that allows you to watch as well, so I don't know why to be attached to that.  But Bluetooth not working is a pretty important feature to break, considering all the laws now for driving and talking.  I will be back to loving my EVO as well if I can get my bluetooth back.  I paid a lot more for Bluetooth in my car than I do netflix, but I guess we all have our weaknesses with this update.  By the way 3:05CST and no update for those of you monitoring to see if anyone posts that they finally got it.  I think it will be a 11:59PM push.

Journeyman

Have you tried removing applications by going Settings > Applications > Manage applications ?  I had a similar problem and that worked for me.

Wizard

I understand the complaints when something doesn't work.  That's not really what I was saying.  I was pretty much saying that it could be worse.  The thing I am kind of laughing about is the ones that have been on the phone all day, checking for the update every minute.  Chill, people!  I'm sure we'll all get the update.  I never saw a specific time that it was promised to be released today, so you really can't complain, as long as it comes before midnight.  I would like to use my Netflix, too, but I'm not going stress myself out over it.

Journeyman

fireguy_63 wrote:

dont you have to run sense for the phone to opperate or do you mean so we can run something else instead?

Yeah, I mean allow us to run the default Android home or Sense. like they did when the EVO was first released. You could turn Sense off, and just use the Android UI instead. They took out the Android UI when they released Froyo.

I personally don't see why Sense HAS to be on the phone anyway, aside from HTC just wanting it on there. One of the deal breakers for not getting Sense 2.x is because the ROM size on the EVO isn't big enough. Ok, fair enough, then don't bundle it, and give us the Android UI instead. At least they did update certain parts to Sense 1.x in the last update. Now my flip clock actually flips. That really does make me happy...lol. Although, once the EVO is no longer supported in the Android lifecycle (hopefully we fit that 18 month window since it was still in life when it was announced) then I'm going CM7 and custom ROM route. Heck, I may try to load Windows Phone 7 on this thing. It runs the same chipset that the HTC Arrive does (QSD 8650/Adreno 200).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat