cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

Journeyman

Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

narkeeso wrote:

I have a feeling people didn't leave their phones alone during the update process. Mine cycled about 3 times as well before becoming operable.

I agree. When I did the update it cycled 3 times and hung on the 4G screen for a loooong time. I was almost sure it had bricked. But I just left it alone and eventually I got "Update Completed" notice and then all was fine.

I'll bet many of the bricked phones happened because people were impatient and interrupted the process.  BTW, I really don't see any improvement in my WiFi or any other issue. But I don't see anything negative either.

Journeyman

I have the EVO.  I'm in NE and I haven't seen any message about an update.  Mine still shows 1.32.651.6.  When I check system update, it says there is no updates available.  What is the deal?  Is it because I'm in NE?  Why should location matter?  I didn't know about any update until I logged on to this Sprint Forums.

Journeyman

I think Sprint disabled the update because there were so many problems with it.  Unfortunately, no one from Sprint is stepping up to the plate to let us know what it going on yet. Maybe soon.  I think Sprint should hire one of the ex-White House Press Secretaries, as he/she would certainly know how to communicate with Sprint customers. Sprint needs some help in this area.

Journeyman

This is dumb, my phone bricked, and it's not rooted, etc. whatever, all I did was try to accept the update. It told me it didn't install and asked me to do it again, so I did...that's when it shut down and nothing since. Unbelievable that Sprint hasn't released a statement about this yet. I mean, what am I supposed to do? The stores don't know what's going on either.

Highlighted
Patron

Dang it!!! My EVO is totally bricked.  None of the Sprint stores in my area have new ones  to replace it with.  I was offered a refurbed EVO but I refused it.

I am quite disappointed. Actually, almost to the point of straight up returning my EVO.  I never rooted my EVO.  Add all of the apps on it came from the  Android Market accept the app for Audible.com.  Maybe the Audible.com app was the problem since was not in the Android Market.

I called Sprint customer care.  They were helpful as they could be by finding a store with EVOs being shipped in almost daily; but I had hoped that they could ship me one over night or within a few days.

Fortunately, I kept my Palm Pre as backup and the I have a Google Voice number that I usually give out instead of my regular number.

Hopefully, Sprint will come through for those of us that have not rooted or done something funky to their EVOs.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue, no update available and I'm in UT..

Master

The new software has been pulled temporarily.

If you update the phone, then immediately force an update again (not giving the device time to recheck for an update and report it is already updated) it will brick your device. The current update has been pulled until a fix can be implemented to prevent this from happening.

If you already have installed the update, nothing is going to change, you are fine.

Journeyman

http://htcdev.net/topic/61945-evo-4g-update-pulled-over-problems/

Journeyman

I am bricked too.   a call came in between the updating...

i declined the call. the phone rebooted a couple times then ... went black..

i can't revive it

Journeyman

I suppose it's time to throw my issues and observations into the ring. I'd like to target this at people who have had a successful update to the new HTC firmware and haven't noticed any major issues. It seems one of the changes that has been made is that the phone will no longer allow you to be on both the 3g and 4g networks at the same time. I am sure disabling this was meant to save battery life. Anyone notice the same thing? Also, after putting the device under heavy load, i.e. running Pandora on high quality, it seems that another battery saving measure has been to clock down the CPU. While running Pandora the phone becomes rather delayed in its responses... slow and framey... think a G1 running the Hero rom kinda slow. Typing anything in this state is rather unpleasant. I'd love some feedback from other EVO users.

Journeyman

I've been using the phone with Pandora on HQ and haven't noticed any slowdowns. In the very beginning when the phone was booting I noticed that it was slow for a few minutes. After this everything seems just as it was last time. Maybe you can try rebooting your phone and trying to replicate the problem noting which apps are open etc.

Journeyman

I love all the jerks on the forums who are blaming user errors on their phones bricking... that's helpful [/sarc], and totally baseless.

My phone is (was?) unrooted, and I didn't have any apps that I didn't get from the Android Market.

All that happened was that the update to build 1.47 pushed through to my phone twice (yeah, that's right, it pushed through twice... I didn't search for it), and I clicked "install" on the second time, not knowing/realizing that for some reason, the network would push the same update through twice in a row.

After the second install, when the phone went to power-cycle, it never came back on... still hasn't, and never will.

Given my location, all outlets around here are totally sold out of the phone, and God only knows when I'll be able to get a replacement. Needless to say, I'm super-pi$$ed about this little charlie-foxtrot, as we used to say...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat