cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

Journeyman

Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

Sprint will take care of you. Sometimes you get some of the old school cs managers and reps that haven't adjusted to the new policies. Just gotta keep digging till you find someone. It will all work out

Journeyman

To follow up and close the loop regarding my situation.

Called the Sprint store here in Bellevue, WA, told them what happened with the phone and they asked me to come in for an exchange. I walked into the store around 5:30, sit down with the tech and got a new replacement in about 45 min. There were a little bit of hiccup during the exchange that was flawlessly resolved in store, the first replacement phone have a loose ear piece that produced a vibrating noise. The tech noticed the problem while doing validation and immediately exchanged it out with 2nd handset.

Its the shame the phone was bricked at first place, but I am happy with the way Sprint dealt with the incident. Now... if they can get Froyo release and improve the battery life...

Message was edited by: ichiang01

Patron

I updated yesterday morning, and now my phone doesn't vibrate on incoming text messages, plus it broke my Exchange account being able to sync or login at all. I don't really benefit much from this update since those were two of my most used features on this phone. Does anyone else see the issues I'm seeing? My g/f also updated and her phone can't vibrate anymore either.

Seriously Sprint/HTC? What kind of testing was done with this software? It's such a poorly managed piece of software: not power safe, not good at checking which software version is on the device already, no warnings to the user that it may take a long time and they should not touch their phone during the update process, breaking widgets, breaking exchange support, etc. It broke so many things, yet it was pushed out so quickly. Seriously guys, the phone is out to customers already, there's no need to rush a broken update.

Journeyman

Looks like Sprint re-released the 1.47.651.1 update again. This time its 30MB... wonder who will be the first lab rat.

Journeyman

IzzyKS

Is this new update safe to download?

Journeyman

Bricked my phone and now stuck with no evo until supplier gets more ... no date for arrival

ORIGINAL update that is....

Message was edited by: sprintcell69

Journeyman

I had downloaded and installed it yesterday but my system never re-booted. So today I get the automated notification of the download. Not wanting to brick my phone, I called CS and asked what to do. They advised me to ignore/abort the download message received today and wait for a fix to come down the pike.

Journeyman

I just did this update with my girlfriend's phone. It went smoothly until I noticed that it didn't like the SD card. I had to format it. Luckily she had nothing on the SD card. So... if you want to take caution, take out the SD card before updating.

Journeyman

This update does a number of other things that are crappy.

Removes android wallpapers.

Removes 'stock' android Launcher application (but leaves the entry in packages.xml.... GRR).  There is no way I have yet identified to install this app back again.  You may use other third party launchers, but not google's.  Seriously, Sprint, what the hell?

the Sync 'improvements' have caused my phone to no longer alert me when I receive new email.  Nice job, Sprint!

I am seriously considering rooting my phone at this point.  I was okay with sprint having locked my phone down a bit and pushing some nascar app at me until they actively removed applications I was using and made them impossible to replace.

Quality score: 0/10

Journeyman

Don't know why people are having these issues, not me

FYI I just checked

WIRELESS N IS ENABLED!!!

Journeyman

It's just like any other tech toy, some work fine and others have issues.  I just updated my EVO and the 4G signal has improved here at my desk in King of Prussia. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just ran a Speedtest and the 4G has improved on the download, but the upload didn't get past 1M from GSI in King of Prussia

1st test 4.58 dwn 0.72 up

2nd test 4.42 dwn 0.87 up

3G

1.48 dwn 0.54 up

Message was edited by: LJNJ_RC51

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat