cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

Journeyman

Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

My download went fine yesterday. But, ever since then, I get an intermittent message of "Data Call Failure" - Error 67.... And, when I click on my "People" icon, I sometimes get a black screen, with a subsequent request to "force close" the app.  Go figure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did notice that the original orange Qik app has been removed. Now only the blue icon remains. 

Journeyman

The update went in well, everything working OK. Much faster download speed now at 11 up from 8, upload seems about the same. The evo is more responsive after update. The phone is so fast and smooth it's amazing. Bablefish translates amazingly well and other spoken commands are equally good. The Evo is now a part of my daily routine. Great apps like Evernote, if you have not used Evernote you will love it. Pandora at high quality streams very well, a pleasure to listen to with a good pair of earbuds or speakers. Try Youtube HD, incredible video on the Evo screen.

Journeyman

I can't help but wonder; are you people just astroturfing? Or are you seriously impressed with an update that adds a couple of features and breaks a ton of other stuff?

Journeyman

not astroturfing here. I just happen to be one of the lucky ones where the update improved 4G coverage for me (haven't tested WiFi yet) and greatly improved battery life (been running for 8 hours so far with moderate use and it still shows about 85%) but didn't break anything. Granted I haven't added much extra apps-wise at this point but I do use Exchange ActiveSync and Gmail continuously plus Last.fm streaming and they all work as usual.

Now, I'm not saying anything about me doing the update right vs others doing it wrong as it clearly seems like hit or miss (sort of like some of the early EVO's had horrible battery life but others were better). Just wanted to say tha, however it happend, the update did luckily work out for me so it isn't a blanket problem.

Journeyman

No astroturfing from me. My update went just fine. My battery life has improved tremendously.

Journeyman

Obviously the update has been sketchy. I too can verify that when it works it works great. My batter life is so much better now I can't believe it. Download speed is 11 or better. I uploaded ten pictures to Picasa and it took no time on wifi and fast on 3G as well. Nothing broke after update, just one of the lucky one where it worked as it should.

Journeyman

OK, so now I checked my battery again, sure to find that it is down to half after all day usage. Nope, still fully charged. They did someting with the update that fixed the bad battery charge syndrome. I would like to know what it is. Anyone know? It is so obvious and such a big deal to Evo users I can't believe Sprint has not shouted it from the roof tops. I guess they can't since the update had problems for some but WOW, this is fantastic.

Journeyman

Nothing broke here. I love this phone!

My update was was done yesterday morning. (1st version)

Message was edited by: BUNK

Message was edited by: BUNK

Journeyman

For those of you updated and not having issues. Are you referring to the version released yesterday OR the version released today? You have to recognize the fact there are two different variations. The version pushed out yesterday is (21MB) and the one pushed out today, 6/29/2010, is (30MB) in size.

So please be clear and identify which version of the update you are referring to.

Message was edited by: ichiang01

Journeyman

I got the new OTA update this afternoon and everything installed and is working well. Too hard to tell if it's improving battery life or not yet.

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the cell phone signal while leaving on Wi-Fi? I get ZERO cell signal in the building I'm in but get decent a wifi signal. I've read that a low cell signal drains battery so I'd like to disable it when I'm in the building.

Journeyman

for me it was yesterday's update (the 21MB one) that gave me the improvements. I have no plans on trying today's

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat