cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

Journeyman

Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

(Update from previous post)

Went to the service center yesterday, they did a reset to factory. That worked great for about ten min, so they ordered me a new one and I should have it friday. My current EVO is part of the initial run, I bought it on June 4th and it has been an excellent device ...... untill that update. Hopefully it is just and isolated issue (so far only chaosdemon06 has reported a similar issue) and my new EVO will be just as great as my original. Fingers crossed.

Journeyman

My HTC EVO Software Version 1.47.651.1 Update works fine I've had no problems with my phone I just want to get the new 2.2 Update

Journeyman

You can add me to the long list, if there is a list, of people having problems after the update.  My phone is 3 weeks old and they want to send me a refurbished one!! Really?? WTF!  They Sprint demands I go to the store and get a new one, alright fine excpet they are out and wont have any for a while on top of the 30 person (small town) waiting list!!!!!!!  If my phone isn't fixed I will get my money back and will switch to T-Mobile and get a phone that actually works after an update!!!!

Master

Bunk is correct. You can initiate the update from your phone as he noted. The over  the air software push rolls out to markets in sequence, not  simultaneously so the network will experience consistent traffic and not  spike too high.

Journeyman

My EVO now randomly disconnects from WiFi signals after the update.  Even with the WiFi on, I have to manually toggle the WiFi off and on, or manually connect to a signal almost every time now.

Is this happening for anyone else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info halcyoncmdr117!

Journeyman

is it just me, or does this evo not vibrate upon receiving text?

like every phone,when it receives a text message, it vibrates and rings, or what ever order anyone else puts it, but after i got the evo, it only does the notification sounds but it dont vibrate.

receiving a call vibrates like any normal phone, in which i have it on vibrate and ring, but text messages only rings,even tho i toggled the vibrate option on

even when i put the phone on vibrate all, it still does no vibrate.

anyone else has this problem?   i hope its not one of the side effects of the update

Journeyman

Have any of you having these minor issues considered backing up and then resetting to factory defaults?

Master

Yea, It has been reported by some, Here is a workaround/fix posted here;

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/178626#178626

gift160 wrote:

is it just me, or does this evo not vibrate upon receiving text?

like every phone,when it receives a text message, it vibrates and rings, or what ever order anyone else puts it, but after i got the evo, it only does the notification sounds but it dont vibrate.

receiving a call vibrates like any normal phone, in which i have it on vibrate and ring, but text messages only rings,even tho i toggled the vibrate option on

even when i put the phone on vibrate all, it still does no vibrate.

anyone else has this problem?   i hope its not one of the side effects of the update

Journeyman

I am pretty happy with this update, basicly doubled my battery life, great job guys and gals!

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.