cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

Journeyman

6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

To EVO customers:

An OTA, over-the-air maintenance release, software version 1.47.651.1, has been released!!  You will either receive a notification on the device that an update is available, or you can check for the updated version by going to Settings > System Updates > HTC software update.

HTC EVO 4G Software version 1.47.651.1

Update includes:

• Improvements to Wi-Fi performance
  • Exchange Active Sync improvements, including fix to issues with new account setup, PIN policy usage and Exchange Calendar 2010 Sync
  • Addresses Facebook sync issue which can improve battery performance

Download Timing:

• Customers will be notified that an update is available. The download will take a couple minutes (depending on the device connection) and the install will take a couple minutes which includes an automatic power cycle. Download will take a couple minutes if in 3g coverage.
  • HTC servers will push the OTA update on a daily basis.
  • FOTA server will check for old software version and prompt once a day on units without the latest firmware until customer accepts.

WARNING - Rooted Devices:

• Most likely rooted devices will not accept or even receive the update which is expected and why roots void warranty.

Message was edited by: IzzyKS

171 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 6/28 - New HTC EVO 4G Software Version 1.47.651.1

Don't reapply the update, the update mechanism does not inform you the update is being applied already. It will most definitely brick your shining new Evo.

Journeyman

Yep, lots of reports of bricking if your EVO has been rooted or if you stop or reload the update.

Mine went through fine.

Journeyman

ok cool... now let's get some 2.2

Wizard

Thanks for posting this Izzyks!

I know I have been critical of Sprint not releasing information to customers, and I have noticed that you tend to be responsive to these threads when you are able to.  So... a big THANKS!!!!! I hope Sprint appreciates you!

Journeyman

As I have mentioned in another thread and the post above:

After you update to 1.47.651.1, some may be tempted to check for the update again. Your Evo will state:

"There is an update available, do you want to update?"

Do NOT update again.

There have been many reports that re-applying the update will brick your phone. Simply check your update and confirm that it is as stated above.

Do NOT re-update!

Hopefully, Sprint will get the word out on this issue. There have been many, many reports of phones bricking as a result of this reinstall. This problem will only contribute to the shortage of Evos as current owners replace the ones that bricked.

Journeyman

Has there been ANY indication as to when another batch of Evo's are going to be available?!?! I WANT ONE!

Journeyman

WARNING - Rooted Devices:

• Most likely rooted devices will not accept or even receive the update which is expected and why roots void warranty.
THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I find it funny that root voids warranty - especially since if you know what root does you would be smart enough to NOT SHOW YOUR PHONE TO SPRINT WITH ROOT!
Hard to void a warranty when sprint doesn't have a way of knowing its rooted....
Kind of like taking your new car to the race track, in your warranty papers they say  "Competitive racing will void warranty" - What they don't know doesn't hurt them, and helps the user have a functional piece of hardware - Say thank you to open source. XDXDXD

Journeyman

Thanks!! so much unpluggedEvo for tipping us about this issue. Now the HTC Software Version Number is the same as the Software Number that you see when you select "Software Information", under "About Phone", right? In my Phone it shows as 1.32.651.6 

Journeyman

Applied this update to my phone - wi-fi and 4G are both broken now.  I only applied the update once, my phone was not rooted.  Sprint says they will replace under 30 days, but they have none in stock and don't know when they will be getting any.  I would say, if you haven't applied this update to your phone yet, DON'T.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.