cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Journeyman

Thanks. I was looking forward to the update, but after I made the mistake in Decemeber of updating (thinking it was this 2.3 update) and getting NOVA, Blockbuster, etc. pushed onto my phone (without delete option) I vowed to myself never to swallow another OTA update without checking extensive reviews/boards.  After reading the early adopters here I am going to hold off.  Why do they keep doing this? Both Sprint and HTC.... I thought HTC said recently they were releasing open updates that would allow for options to remove preloaded programs, etc, and I thought Sprint would have learned from what happened in December - especially with the formation of the possible class action.

It is really disappointing that Sprint and HTC (two companies that I have loved in the past) are really falling short when it comes to making the EVO what it could be. I think that is why iPhone has a large following, they don't "forget" about the older versions of the phone, and still update them to keep them current.  The way they make you want a new phone is making it more powerful, better battery life, better camera, etc. - things that aren't involved in a software update. By forcing people to buy a new phone because they are being left behind in the Android graveyards of generations past is not good customer service and doesn't make Android the great OS it could be.

Tear Tear - gonna hold on to my 2.2 now that i have finally learned how to get decent battery life out of it.

Journeyman

I'm a bit disppointed with this update. Many of the responses above I agree with..............Sense 2.2....no,of course!

Sad

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sooooo where's my blinking LED?  It worked before the update and now it's not working when I get a message....Awesome.

GrandMaster

Re: 6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

are you running the stock text set up or something like handcent?

canceled download until i see more info on what all is good and bad with this. so far its a 50/50 it seems

and to think it FINALLY made it to 73%...dang

Message was edited by: fireguy_63

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I am very happy with more internal storage space now!

And I should add that the phone is so far working great!

Journeyman

Handcent.  I enabled notifications in stock messages app and the LED flashed so I guess we need a Handcent update now.

Journeyman

Im suprised with all the complaining and whining going on.  Let's go over the list:

1.  Peeps complaining about not getting 2.3.4.  Google stated officially that only the Nexus phones would get it first then others would get it later. 

2.  No new version of HTC Sense.  It would be nice but we never were promised that by HTC.  I personally want OS upgrades myself but if they updated Sense I wouldnt complain.

3.  No new version of Swype.  That's not part of the OS update and was never promised to us.

4.  Peeps having issues after the update.  As with most updates, you may need to backup your SD card and format it and maybe even perform a factory reset.

Sadly people always complain even when they receive something free.  Why do they complain?  I guess they have all these expectation that they set themselves and then they are disappointed when the expectations are not met. 

Journeyman

Well, I still can't download it and from the comments above it sounds like it's not really worth it. 

I mean, why even bother if it isn't the full, most recent Gingerbread.  And you'd think they would have updated to HTC Sense 2.0 at least.

Journeyman

i am having problem with the update. it keeps saying that i have avoicemail when i dont!!!!!!

Journeyman

I am having issues with the update. everytime I download it and try it install it I get a little Android guy with an exclamation mark in a triangle. Can anyone help?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.