cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Highlighted
Wizard

XGREZESIUX1,

Please keep your posts on topic and constructive.  There are several employees commenting in this thread to assist the customers.  We appreciate opinion and commentary as long as it's helpful to others.  A certain amount of venting is also allowed here, but if you want to speak your mind and are not looking for assistance, we have a forum for that here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/general

Thank you,

Desi

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh good. While you're here, can I just check that I will be able to stop this update from installing next week? (It doesn't seem very useful)

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

It will continually ask you to install it.  The only way I know to stop it is to root your device.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

SO glad I updated NOT and waited for it like it was going to change my life or something, my bad for thinking something cool was going to happen.

Highlighted
Wizard

timseal wrote:

Oh good. While you're here, can I just check that I will be able to stop this update from installing next week? (It doesn't seem very useful)

Press Home > Menu and then tap Settings > System updates > HTC software update.

From there you should be able to uncheck the auto update check

Page 2B. Settings 33 'User Manual'

Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

It will continually ask you to install it.  The only way I know to stop it is to root your device.   

Thanks for the advice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Doesn't unchecking Scheduled Updates under HTC Software updates ignore updates silently?

Highlighted
Wizard

dshoem01 wrote:

Root is not the answer.

Settings can take care of it

Highlighted
Wizard

You can do what M.Marcus suggests too, but you will not be able to receive future updates if this one isn't installed first.  And after a period of time, this update will be pulled from HTC's servers.  At that ponit, you'll need to stay on the current release, manually flash your device, or root it. Sprint, of course, recommends you keep your device updated with the officially released software.     

Highlighted
Wizard

Thwip wrote:

Doesn't unchecking Scheduled Updates under HTC Software updates ignore updates silently?

It stops checking HTC/Sprint servers for new updates. It means no annoying 'New Update Ready' messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know im speaking my mind but if you dont want to help you guys dont need to delete my post stading that no one is helping me.

Message was edited by: dshoem01; I am directly editing your post as I dont' believe you're seeing and/or reading my responses in the thread.  Two of your posts have already been reported as abuse and removed from this thread.  I have sent you a private message regarding the Sprint Community Guideilnes.  Read and follow them or your userid will be banned...this can be considered your third and final notification. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rooting can be a great alternative for people who have time to maintain such an operation. I believe they released the "rooted" version of the OTA update rom over at XDA. That's fantastic but people like myself, though I could easily root, choose not too. This is mainly due to the need to constantly keep an eye out for fixes/updates/tweaks etc to the offered roms. I don't have that kind of time so I choose to stick with the factory UI sense. I am a bit taken aback at these responses to the update (I have not initiated update thus far) as unlike XDA, Sprint/HTC has much deeper pockets in which to fund their programming operation. I understand this is the first day of the release, but as another poster mentioned, it should have been buttoned up first.

The main complaints i have, in which gingerbread does not appear to address, is the disappearing recipients when selected in SMS. Also the very sluggish and klutzy touch screen, It's very innacurate no matter how many times I calibrate it (factory or custom). Selecting small items in a browser ie. YOUTUBE playback button is almost impossible without zooming in 200% (In order to fast forward or rewind playback) It seems that flash and the touch software don't agree with each other. As much as I hate to admit it, the IPHONE as an incredibly acurate touchscreen, especially when selecting items that require more dexterity.

Theres more issues, but those are the two main complaints I have that I figured could be easily sorted by the programmers in a small patch.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat