cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Journeyman

Netflix worked on your EVO? It didn't on mine.

Wizard

Assuming you're referring to blockbuster/nova apps, no you still can't uninstall them.  I am not aware of anything in the works to allow you to remove the apps that are already on the device...BUT, Sprint is looking at other ways of making apps available as opposed to pre-loading them.  I don't have any details yet.  You have been heard thoughSmiley Happy

Master

The update you are getting manually now is the same update that will be pushed starting on Monday

Wizard

54321JOEL, it's the same update on 6/6, just delivered through a network push unstead of you manually requesting it. 

I don't have any information on the 2.3.4 software version.

Journeyman

I would think that Sprint and HTC would make there apps available for sale in the market place.  This would allow them to make money on the apps if people find value in using them and allow them to tap into other provider markets.  I'm sure there are hurdles but I imagine apps like HTC Sense 2.1 people would buy.  Just my 2 cents.

GrandMaster

Phone seems quicker.. same as others have reported. No LED using handcent.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

where do you go to get the update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not forced to update correct? I don't think I am going to update to 2.3. I am perfectly happy with 2.2 and I have it set up the way I like I am thinking of rooting but I haven't taken the leap yet. I just don't see any benefits in the update, especially if it takes Netflix as long to update their app as it took to even get it on Android in the first place.

Wizard

Refer to the original post...there's a link in it to the Maintenance Release Blog with instructions.

Journeyman

New to Sprint, the EVO, and Android.  Having the same issues as I see reported here (Notification LED, Netflix) since installing the maintenance relase (Android 2.3), but also seems Pandora is now hosed.  Worked great before, plays for about a minute and then hangs -- seems to have most issues when I get a notification for something else (such as a new email notification).

Wizard

LGJDewey wrote:

New to Sprint, the EVO, and Android.  Having the same issues as I see reported here (Notification LED, Netflix) since installing the maintenance relase (Android 2.3), but also seems Pandora is now hosed.  Worked great before, plays for about a minute and then hangs -- seems to have most issues when I get a notification for something else (such as a new email notification).

The first time I ran Pandora after updating, it took several minutes to load and my phone was very sluggish and unresponsive.  After rebooting my phone, Pandora loads and runs fine.  Receiving notifications from other apps such as text messages and email have not caused any issues.

Journeyman

I liked the 2 new sound features:  POCKET MODE and FLIP FOR SPEAKER.

Louder ringtone if EVO detects that it's inside a pocket or purse.  Also, flip the phone over to start speakerphone.  I also added the DOWNLOADS app to my shortcuts to quickly get to downloaded content.

I noticed a few other minor changes, but those are the ones that stand out for me.  Plus the FAST BOOT option.  Has anyone noticed the fast boot have any ill effects on Apps?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat