cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Journeyman

Re: 6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Found a small bug... The dialer doesn't work 😕 It works, but the numbers don't show up o-o

Also, When using google Voice app, The LED Does work... so it is a problem with handcent

Highlighted
Journeyman

how long did it take for the down load to finish my phone have been down loading far some time

Journeyman

Im having some issues. When I go to the battery usage page there is wrong information. To minimize any potential reasons that caused it I put phone in airplane mode and restarted it (so still in airplane mode). But on the battery usage page it shows cell standby using 5% and wifi using 5%, the antennas arent even on so why do they consume power???? Also Pandora will not remove itself from the list, (using 4%) I have force quit Pandora and even restarted the phone but it still remains there. Why is this happening?

Journeyman

I was seriously only excited about this update because I thought it was going to be 2.3.4 and wanted to be able to use Google Talk video. Evo users want to be able to use their front facing cams for video conferencing.  So far I am seeing little advantage in having switched to having this camera feature or 4G. The NOW Network is really starting to feel like the "Maybe Later" Network.

Journeyman

I'm having an issue that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else.   Since the update, I had the voicemail issue (now fixed, although it does reappear on reboot of the phone).

What I can't seem to fix is a new,  pervasive display of the same icon, four times in a row, up in the  notification bar.  It's a little "paper" with a gear in the bottom left.   Looking at the app list in settings, that icon is associated with such  programs/processes as HTC DM and File Manager.

Restarting the phone does nothing to make them go away.  It's driving me mad.  Has anyone else reported/experienced this issue?

Journeyman

I posted earlier in this thread asking if anybody was having Wireless "N" problems but found my own answer. We've been downgraded!

802.11n support been removed with this update?

I could no longer connect to my Wireless N only wifi network after the update and had to enable b & g protocols in my access point to get online. The noticeable loss of speed on the web offsets anything that may be better or good about gingerbread and this update.

This is a downgrade. Check settings>Phone Settings>Hardware Information. We've been robbed!

Journeyman

Connected to my N router with no issue...

Journeyman

Thanks for the note on how to clear vmail notification. Since I updated this morning, I'm not able to connect to my work email. So I deleted the account and I am not trying to re-establish and I get an Error message; Failed to connect to the Exchange server. Please check Exchange server settings.

Any idea's?

Thanks in advance.

Journeyman

i did my update and since then my phone doesnt turn on!!!! i even did the reset and it still doesnt work .. it only shows htc evo 4g -_-

can anyone help me please

Journeyman

a little off-topic, but hey this is an active thread. I pay monthly for TEP ($7 something for insurance on my phone) Why is it if i want to file a claim on my phone that i must pay a deductible which is MORE than i paid for the phone? I mean i understand a deductible, but jesus they want more than i paid for the phone BRAND new un-used through sprint. At this point im almost willing to eat the contract cost and switch over to another provider who wouldnt push insurance for smart phones and than expect us to fork out even more $$ for a replacement thats not even new its a frigging refurb.

Journeyman

Um you just leave it alone, dont push anything. It sits at the Evo 4g screen for some time, than reaches the home screen and continues updating. Do not, i repeat do not press buttons etc until it says congratulations, your phone has been updated.

Journeyman

OK, so now I'm seriously convinced to leave well enough alone!  I downloaded the update OTA and while contemplating making the plunge, i decided to do some reading and I'm glad I did. So I deleted the update file before installing and will wait a while before thinking of trying it again!

Since I don't have any issues that this update might address, I'll wait until there's a more compelling reason.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat