cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Journeyman

When I hold the power button down I used to be able to turn the ringer off.  Now when I do this I have 3 choices

1) Power Off

2) Airplane Mode

3) Restart

Do I have to turn the volume all the way down now or is there another shortcut?

Journeyman

Can someone tell me if the LCD light still blinks if you are receiving text messages and/or email?  I have never rooted my phone and after seeing people's complaints earlier, it's part of what's making me hold off on updating as this is a big deal to me.  Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Patron

download the original file of the EVO http://http://www.multiupload.com/PP10EEZXE0 (NOTE: you'll loose all your data), then when goes up, upddate again...

Journeyman

To control your ringer without having to go deep into the settings, add the "Profile" widget to your homepage.

Journeyman

That's why you should not base your decisions off of what you read in these forums.  There is no problem with the LED notification for messages and emails.  The people reporting the problem have installed a third party application for texting called Handcent and that is where the problem is.

Journeyman

I don't have "Profile" widget on mine.  Phone is clean, never rooted, so I must be blind?

Journeyman

My LED does not blink when I get a new message anyone having this issue?

Journeyman

You have to do the following:

Hold down oyour finger on a blank area on your screen>select widget>goto settings>select HTC Profile.

This will put a shortcut on your screen that allows you to change the volume via touch.

Journeyman

Thanks! Easy enough but not exactly intuitive. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you're using Handcent, they're released an update for 2.3.

Journeyman

I have the latest update for handcent but it still does not blink. Also it does not blink if I set it back just the normal messages app.

Journeyman

"You basing your opinions off of these forums is not a good move."

Why not? Why can't I voice my opinions? I have read a lot (at least hundreds) of posts both in this forum as well as HTC EVO 4G forums and have read many users who have not rooted their phones, did have problems with the last updates (especially the bloated softwares added). I don't think any users will base on my opinion and decide not to update, I am not that powerful. Every user should investigate and read in these two forums about pros and cons, then decide if they should update/upgrade or not, based on their requirements. So I respectfully disagree with what you said.

I have read the enhancements of this upgrade and didn't see any improvements will benefit me (I don't use my HTC EVO 4G as much as most users). That's the reason I hesitate to upgrade and want to wait until better enhancements.

M.Marcus post didn't apply to my question as I did not say I want to DISABLE the Update Notification. I'll still leave it on, only not to proceed with the updates/upgrades. So again, if I decide to update the next one, will I need to install these two updates first?

Thank you.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat