cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

As of 6/20, the 4.22.651.2 update will be replaced with 4.24.651.1.  The 4.24.651.1 update includes all features of 4.22.651.2 in addition to fixes for the voicemail notification issue, netflix compatibilty, and a problem with the hearing aid compatibility menu.  For information on the new software, refer to this thread.

This thread is being locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

Voicemail notification

• New discussion thread for this topic: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/296126#296126
  • Root cause has been identified for the VVM notification issue and a short term solution began rolling out the morning of 6/9.  The rollout is occurring in batches with the first devices upgraded to Android 2.3 receiving the short term solution first.  This fix is network based and does not require customer or device interaction. 
  • Sprint is currently working on an updated version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software which will include a permanent solution for the VVM notification.  The short term solution will continue to be deployed until this new Android 2.3 upgrade is available. 
  • You may continue to use Settings/Call/Clear Notifications until the short term solution has been rolled out. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - voicemail notification thread; update on Netflix

810 REPLIES 810
Highlighted
Journeyman

You have to do the following:

Hold down your finger on a blank area on your screen>select widget>goto settings>select HTC Profile.

This will put a shortcut on your screen that allows you to change the volume via touch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I removed Handcent and then powered the phone off and on now it works fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Observations

- SplashID no longer syncronizes with desktop

- sound profiles via power button - a big deal for many people, myself included. I hardly ever reboot, but I change my sound profiles several times per day.

- PRL and FW updates error out, but I believe this may be due to bandwidth issues Sprint is having

- 720p video recording is unusable now. I used to record my son's tennis games. I can't do it anymore because it drops frames, and video and audio are way out of sync A BIG DEAL FOR ME!

+ nice feature showing text marker when editing/entering text, and cut/paste magntify - really nice.  however the normal feature for swype selecting alternative words conflicts, requring selecting the swype shortcut key (I actually like this new feature, just wasn't clear at first)

+ phone does appear slightly snappier and responsive

Journeyman

Did the GB update, and now Wireless-N is gone! Only have b/g. What's going on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, connecting to wi-fi above 54 Mbps (Wireless-G) is a goner. When  the Evo first came out with Eclair and b/g support, the dev's at XDA  found a simple hack to enable 802.11n but then when the Froyo came out,  it worked out of the box. Technically, 802.11n requires two antennas so  true Wireless N connection speeds (150 - 300 Mbps) could not be  achieved.

But,  up until this update, I could connect to my wireless N only network at  65 Mbps. I had to enable mixed b/g/n mode in my access point to even get  a connection but alas, it's only at 54 Mbps.

I want my missing 11 Mbps back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did the Ginger Bread update and it works so much better than the 2.2 fuck up!!! i dont know why is everybody having a problem with it. me and some my co workers did the update at the same time and we all like the update!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

You do of course realize that regardless of the connection g,b or n, they really don't download at 100MBPS right? Not even 54 for that matter. The best download speeds you are going to get, regardles s of wireless router, is about 6 mbps. Even with the two bigger companies.Your router is lying to you. Use a free online speedtest even when you are hardwired and you will see what I mean.

The frequencies on the channels are capable of those speeds. But you don't get them. In the little "Internet Connections" on your computer are lying to you.

4G is faster than most DSL's. Networks are throttled. It would be great if it acutally was 100mbps, but that's not gonna happen for years until the true standard protocol is IPV6.

Highlighted
Journeyman

An Update:

I just finished the last update (3.70.651.1) as well as the upgrade of Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2). Everything went flawlessly and my HTC EVO 4G seem working normally. A couple of apps need to be reset (alarms, weather, etc.). Other than that, everything seems fine.

I guess the problems many other users experienced apply to different users, depending on the phone's configuration, apps installed as well as if it is rooted or not (mine is not rooted).

Again, thank you for the patience. I am glad I came to this forum and read all the pros and cons and asked all the questions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just finished the update & phone is just fine!  No issues with the voicemail notification.  I do have the same issue with the Netflix app, but I see it's been reported.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Glad to hear!  I'm glad that the negative comments in here did not hold you back from missing out on the gingerbread 2.3 goodness.  It truly is in everyone's interest to upgrade whether they know it or not and like all things there probably is an ton of folks out there that won't upgrade based off of misinformation.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat