cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Wizard

mrt2015, based on our pm's, we determined that your device has been rooted.  Just wanted to post that here so others know the most likely reason to get the Android guy, triangle, and exclamation point is due to a rooted device. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm one off the people still on the fence about updating. There's just so much to read and sift through on this forum and other android forums. I really haven't heard any reasons compelling enough to make me want to install it.

Wizard

I've just read through every message in this thread and I have to say this looks to be one of the smoothest updates I've seen.  Is there something in particular that's keeping you from applying the upgrade?

Journeyman

A couple other things that broke when 2.3.3 arrive... It seem the cool stuff that would work on the EVO for some strange reason but didn't fare as well on other Android phones are not working, which is a shame because even tho my Evo is not rooted it would act like it in certain respects, for instance FULL HDMI EVO worked in 2.2 doesn't work with 2.3x, ShootMe screen grabber no longer works, Big clock vault no longer works plus, I had to re-enter my passwords on a lot of programs....

Over all once all these fixes are, well fixed.... it will be a better system, it is smoother and quicker on many fronts, and streaming seems much more solid.

GrandMaster

I'm having the same issue but with handcent only. The regular one still kicks out the LED. something I just noticed is a blue line through my keyboard. From the sym up to the w. Wtf.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I got here an abnormal booting screen after uptading. I dont have the HTC Evo 4G blank screen no more and then makes a super fast "sprint 4G" boot then jumps to the locked home screen. Anyone knows something about this??

Wizard

Re: 6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

dshoem01 wrote:

I've just read through every message in this thread and I have to say this looks to be one of the smoothest updates I've seen.  Is there something in particular that's keeping you from applying the upgrade?

If this was smooth I would hate to see a bad one!! How can you say smooth when the update broke apps, WIFI, OS missing many features, constant errors and reboots or being stuck on the loading screen.

Put whatever spin on it you like but if you look at this forum, XDA, HTC forum and HTC Facebook there are thousands of unhappy customers over this update for one or more reasons mentioned here plus a large number I didn't mention.

But if you like I can go through the sites and compile a list of issues IF you can get them fixed in a timely manner and fixed right.

Now is where a Sprint staff member will copy\paste a link to some useless page on Sprints site as usual.

Journeyman

Well, here's a new issue. After the update, I'm having some issues with Voice Search.

It acts as if it doesn't hear you (i.e., you don't see the little white decible indicators over the microphone icon), then eventually gives an error.    There's no waveforms, and it doesn't appear to even attempt to contact the server. What's odd is that it's somewhat itermittent. During my normal commute tonight, when I usually use voice commands, it failed almost every time. However, it did work a couple times at red lights when stopped, and now that I'm home, it's working fine again. I tried on both 4G and 3G, no difference (again, I don't think it even made it to the "talking to server" phase). Have you heard anything about this?

See another report here:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/348146-2-3-voice-search-text-not-working.htm...

The next time I have issues I'll try toggling the solution mentioned there, however I do have "personalized recognition" already turned on.

Journeyman

ALynch40 wrote:

dshoem01 wrote:

If this was smooth I would hate to see a bad one!! How can you say smooth when the update broke apps, WIFI, OS missing many features, constant errors and reboots or being stuck on the loading screen.

Put whatever spin on it you like but if you look at this forum, XDA, HTC forum and HTC Facebook there are thousands of unhappy customers over this update for one or more reasons mentioned here plus a large number I didn't mention.

But if you like I can go through the sites and compile a list of issues IF you can get them fixed in a timely manner and fixed right.

Now is where a Sprint staff member will copy\paste a link to some useless page on Sprints site as usual.

Ha. If this had been for a Samsung phone, this thread would be about how to return your bricked phone. So, this is relatively smooth.

Journeyman

Anyone else have a non-working compass now?  Drag.. 

Journeyman

Not a problem with voice search, works perfectly on my Evo 4g. Tried calling peeps, Nav to location, search stuff... all works for me. even VU meter effect lights up.

Journeyman

I just read this entire thread and only ONE person is experiencing the same problem as I.

My stock browser will not run. I can click on it, it will load and load the home URL then it will close.

it does the same thing if I click links in my email or other 3rd pary apps like twitter.

Opera however will run fine, but i do not want to use opera.

Does anyone else know how to fix this?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat