cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

As of 6/20, the 4.22.651.2 update will be replaced with 4.24.651.1.  The 4.24.651.1 update includes all features of 4.22.651.2 in addition to fixes for the voicemail notification issue, netflix compatibilty, and a problem with the hearing aid compatibility menu.  For information on the new software, refer to this thread.

This thread is being locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

Voicemail notification

• New discussion thread for this topic: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/296126#296126
  • Root cause has been identified for the VVM notification issue and a short term solution began rolling out the morning of 6/9.  The rollout is occurring in batches with the first devices upgraded to Android 2.3 receiving the short term solution first.  This fix is network based and does not require customer or device interaction. 
  • Sprint is currently working on an updated version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software which will include a permanent solution for the VVM notification.  The short term solution will continue to be deployed until this new Android 2.3 upgrade is available. 
  • You may continue to use Settings/Call/Clear Notifications until the short term solution has been rolled out. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - voicemail notification thread; update on Netflix

810 REPLIES 810
Highlighted
Wizard

ALynch40,

Just stating my opinion based on working all the device updates for the last year.  Most of the complaints you have are discussed/answered in this thread multiple times, so I will not address them again here or with a link to any other Sprint page.    

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in the market for an EVO and thought I would come here to see what everyone is saying.

For those of us considering getting a EVO should be keep looking or is it not as bad as it seems?

Oh and if anyone want help me out by giving their EVO then I would be highly grateful!!

Highlighted
Wizard

You can check out the Ratings & Reviews to see what people think of the device. It's highly rated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I saw the rating BUT I have a hard time trusting that especially since I can't talk to them directly.

Thanks for the guidance though

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Might even check out the evo 3 D since it will be the new and improved and so on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Let us know if you do and you can give me your old EVO <big smile>

Highlighted
Journeyman

ALynch40 wrote:

dshoem01 wrote:

I've just read through every message in this thread and I have to say this looks to be one of the smoothest updates I've seen.  Is there something in particular that's keeping you from applying the upgrade?

If this was smooth I would hate to see a bad one!! How can you say smooth when the update broke apps, WIFI, OS missing many features, constant errors and reboots or being stuck on the loading screen.

Put whatever spin on it you like but if you look at this forum, XDA, HTC forum and HTC Facebook there are thousands of unhappy customers over this update for one or more reasons mentioned here plus a large number I didn't mention.

But if you like I can go through the sites and compile a list of issues IF you can get them fixed in a timely manner and fixed right.

Now is where a Sprint staff member will copy\paste a link to some useless page on Sprints site as usual.

ALynch40,

I just looked over your complaint list again and I have to say that there is nothing there of substance.  The only legit complaint on the list could be the keyboard, but you can easily get that on the internet and install it without root.  The camera update you want is not needed because HTC's version already supports dual cameras and stuff.  You complained about the EQ in music player but the Android 2.3 highlight link I provided states that there is an API in place so that developers can build and utilize an EQ in their own players.  How you took that as their is an EQ player built in to Android 2.3 is beyond me.   You asked for various effects, but what exactly does that mean?  That is a very generic comment.  You also mentioned wider App2SD.  Again what does that mean?  Either the application you want has the feature or it does not. 

Again, I see nothing of value in your complaint list and honestly at this point I think you are just here trolling. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

I'm saying you... Not me lol... This phone isn't dead in the water yet so until then youre without a paddle my friend

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

K. so now randomly I'm getting a blue keyboard. At first it was a steak through it. But only online.. Then it went to texting as well.. Now it's on both.. But it's not every time.. Anyone know a app that can capture a pic of my screen so I can possibly post it? It's a little to smurf like for my taste lol

Highlighted
Wizard

Try 'screen shot it' or shootme.  Android 2.3.3 includes the ability to do this without rooting the phone, but not sure if the apps are compatible yet.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

I'll guinea pig it. Uno momento

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Bah..won't capture the keyboard..right now it's only blue on part of the q... Thats it

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat