cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Journeyman

beside Voicemail issue I also found that Google voice search does not work while driving but works perfectly when not in motion, I seen on this forum cpl other ppl had the same issue, anyone else?

Journeyman

I've been actually waiting the last few days and not updating (instead of normally jumping on it first chance).  From all of the comments, it appears that the udpate is not a good choice to make and I'd be better served leaving my EVO as is. Correct me if that conclusion is wrong.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm doing the same thing. After reading this forum and several others including the official htc forum, this update is nothing but headaches. I'm totally staying away from it. I like my phone to function like it is now. Maybe this will be what pushes me off the fence to root.

Journeyman

Also, you can still use the volume rocker button to control volume or silence the phone.  Just press and hold the volume down side of the rocker.

Journeyman

De Ja Vu. All these gripes and complaints are almost identical to all the gripes and complaints in the HTC Hero forum. How most of us were anticipating the next great Android update for so long, only to have a stripped down version of it which fixes a few problems while creating a some new ones as well.  I wasn't surprised and didn't expect much from 2.3. It's not a cure-all to most of the EVO's flaws and problems that were created from the last maintenance release. But this may be the last update the EVO gets with the EVO 3D right around the corner. It happened with the HTC Hero (after a year of pathetic usage), it'll happen with the EVO. Enjoy 2.3 everybody. Everyone was asking for it, so here it is, janky mess and all.

Journeyman

Anyone seen the following behavior (and I just can't find the comments here on the forum):  Installed the release with no hitches (HTC EVO), but ever since then:

1.  Practically every time I leave an app, I get the white screen with 'HTC' in green (one of the screens you see during boot), then a "loading..." screen while the EVO rebuilds the home screen, which it doesn't do accurately all the time (i.e. deleted apps' icons still appear, etc.).  Not a showstopper but annoying has hell.

2.  I've got a permanent "You're running out of space" warning with 43MEG of internal free (and over 7Gig free on the SD card), which I used not to see the problem until I hit around 15-20Meg free.  It's actually been getting worse (i.e. go in, delete apps, warning goes away, only to come back later ... repeat).  I've dropped enough apps to free up almost 20Meg of space and am still plagued with this.  It's bad enough that a Google Finance update failed to load because of "insufficient space".

What in the name of all that's android did you people do to the code?

My advice to anyone who hasn't updated yet is DON'T.  Whatever Sprint/HTC did with this they broke things major.  Run, my friends, run ...

Journeyman

so best not to update

Journeyman

In a nutshell, yes.  I don't know what they did, but this leap forward was a major fall back.

Wizard

VESPA55 wrote:

De Ja Vu. All these gripes and complaints are almost identical to all the gripes and complaints in the HTC Hero forum. How most of us were anticipating the next great Android update for so long, only to have a stripped down version of it which fixes a few problems while creating a some new ones as well.  I wasn't surprised and didn't expect much from 2.3. It's not a cure-all to most of the EVO's flaws and problems that were created from the last maintenance release. But this may be the last update the EVO gets with the EVO 3D right around the corner. It happened with the HTC Hero (after a year of pathetic usage), it'll happen with the EVO. Enjoy 2.3 everybody. Everyone was asking for it, so here it is, janky mess and all.

honestly, this has been the best update with the least issues for the Evo to date.  period.  The phone runs extremely fast, the transitions are smoother, applications open faster, android deals with background processes better, my wifi connects faster, fonts are vastly improved, the browser is incredibly smooth (pinch to zoom is now actually nearly accurate), games play smoother, pandora streaming works better........  It isn't a janky mess, 9 times out of 10, people's phones are screwed up because they've done something ridiculous to them or they're unaware that sometimes you have to go in and "clear data" on apps or reboot the phone.  Netflix will fix their app and all will be right again.  Not sure what else people need???  (besides being able to remove the Sprint Bloatware as stated 1 billion times)

Journeyman

Anyone know how to restart a cancelled download?  Due to a loss of a data connection, I had to cancel the download at 20%.  However, when I go to check for an update the phone tells me there are no updates available.  Software version still shows android 2.2 and software number 3.70...

Wizard

CHRISANDPEG1997 wrote:

Anyone know how to restart a cancelled download?  Due to a loss of a data connection, I had to cancel the download at 20%.  However, when I go to check for an update the phone tells me there are no updates available.  Software version still shows android 2.2 and software number 3.70...

Just keep checking, it'll show up again.  Maybe in a few minutes, maybe in a few hours.  But it'll be there.  You can update your PRL and update your Profile, that might signal your phone again.

Wizard

ScottJWalter wrote:

Anyone seen the following behavior (and I just can't find the comments here on the forum):  Installed the release with no hitches (HTC EVO), but ever since then:

1.  Practically every time I leave an app, I get the white screen with 'HTC' in green (one of the screens you see during boot), then a "loading..." screen while the EVO rebuilds the home screen, which it doesn't do accurately all the time (i.e. deleted apps' icons still appear, etc.).  Not a showstopper but annoying has ****.

+1

I have seen this a couple times (2) coming out of games that use more processing power, like Need for Speed and Plants versus Zombies.  Maybe there's something amiss with the new realtime garbage collector code and HTC's sense.  More of an annoyance than anything, everything shows up pretty quickly for me.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat