cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

GrandMaster

not gonna lie...i laughed when i looked at the pic you posted lol.. programer with a sence of humor?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm wondering what has happened to the "Turn off Sound" option on the screen for powering off the phone.  I used that a lot when I'm in class or meetings.  All that  is there now is power off, airplane mode, and restart.  The airplane mode kills the radios so I cannot get alerts or incoming calls.

Jim

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just add the Profile widget to one of your home screens. It will set it to Normal, Mute, Vibrate. It's found under the HTC Widgets along with Bluetooth, 4G, Airplane Mode, etc.

Journeyman

OPIE168 wrote:

PHEFNER79 wrote:

@OPIE168...yes, and with the EVO's single antenna, that speed increase netted a paltry 11Mbps. Absolutely no one will see that difference in speed. Besides, no one will ever see true N speeds of 150-300Mbps unless they are browsing on their internal network (and the EVO magically grew a second antenna to fully support the N standard), or they have an internet connection that delivers that kind of speed (which is, again, dependent on the EVO growing a second magical antenna).

So why is everyone complaining about this again? Over 11 Mbps?

B/c it was there supported and the hardware was there to support it and now it is not. plain and simple and there is no reason for it to not be supported/included in there now.

Seems like complaining for the sake of complaining to me. I would rather have better battery performance with perfect wireless G reception, than worse battery life on a device that's not designed to fully utilize wireless N, even though it supports it.

Journeyman

I don't seem to be getting improved battery life out of my Evo after the update.  In fact it seems that I was getting better life with 2.2.  Before I updated, I used Battery Green application to improve my battery usage.  I could typically keep the "battery icon" at full charge for at least 6 hrs before it registered a lower battery level.  I also use Launcher Pro instead of Sense but I'm not sure if this really improved battery.  I realize that just using the battery icon to gage the battery charge is not a real accurate method of how much battery I've really used, but I assumed that the indicator has not changed.....in other words the indicator still show the same battery level based on the actual charge of the battery.  Did anything change in the phone setting after the update that may be causing my battery to drain faster or is it simply that the way the battery icon registers the battery status has been changed?  BTW, the battery icon I'm referring to is that on the right side of the status/notification bar.

GrandMaster

speaking of battery life... i really havent seen any jump in that area. im a medium to heavy user with a stock battery. and usually get anywhere between 5-8 hours roughly depending on what i run. if i can figure out how to get more life while doing the same things then its that much better once i get a larger battery. any thoughts? ive done most of the usuals. screen brightness etc. only things i have synced are facebook, weather and google. and even those are set to update like once a day.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I upgraded on Sunday when Netflix stopped working on 2.2.  Upgrade was smooth, the phone works better, and better battery life.

Netflix had been the only thing holding me back in the first place, and now that their site has removed the Evo entirely (hopefully only temporarily) from the approved list, I strongly suggest the upgrade to anyone still waiting, provided they haven't rooted their phones, and if they had, aren't there better options anyway?

Journeyman

My issue with the batter is more related to charging.  Ever since the update, I can only get a reliable charge either when I turn my Evo completely off, or for some reason when I am using my car charger.  My wall adapter (that came with the phone) is spotty at best when I leave the phone on, and at night seems to discharge the phone down to the 20-30% range.  Do I need a new wall adapter?  As I said, never had an issue until i ran the update last friday.

On another note, anyone else read on the other Evo forums about the supposed update rolling out tomorrow that brings it up to 2.3.4?  Any validity to that?

GrandMaster

what all was supposed to be on the 2.3.4 that wasnt on this one? just fixes or added extras? did it say?

PHEFNER79 wrote:

OPIE168 wrote:

PHEFNER79 wrote:

@OPIE168...yes, and with the EVO's single antenna, that speed increase netted a paltry 11Mbps. Absolutely no one will see that difference in speed. Besides, no one will ever see true N speeds of 150-300Mbps unless they are browsing on their internal network (and the EVO magically grew a second antenna to fully support the N standard), or they have an internet connection that delivers that kind of speed (which is, again, dependent on the EVO growing a second magical antenna).

So why is everyone complaining about this again? Over 11 Mbps?

B/c it was there supported and the hardware was there to support it and now it is not. plain and simple and there is no reason for it to not be supported/included in there now.

Seems like complaining for the sake of complaining to me. I would rather have better battery performance with perfect wireless G reception, than worse battery life on a device that's not designed to fully utilize wireless N, even though it supports it.

Seems like you dont know what your talking about really. It is designed to utilize wireless N just not at 5GHz. It has zero effect on battery life compared to G, and speeds are higher. Also Tell that to people that only have wireless N routers now that they can't connect at home.

So NO its not complaining for the sake of complaining. Its complaining b/c a feature was stripped of the phone and there was absolutely ZERO notice in the notes and more importantly there has been ZERO notice still even after it being reported as being broken still.

CLARUE42 wrote:

My issue with the batter is more related to charging.  Ever since the update, I can only get a reliable charge either when I turn my Evo completely off, or for some reason when I am using my car charger.  My wall adapter (that came with the phone) is spotty at best when I leave the phone on, and at night seems to discharge the phone down to the 20-30% range.  Do I need a new wall adapter?  As I said, never had an issue until i ran the update last friday.

On another note, anyone else read on the other Evo forums about the supposed update rolling out tomorrow that brings it up to 2.3.4?  Any validity to that?

the 2.3.4 rumor that was over in the other forum was started by BSOD who has been flat out wrong on a lot of things lately so it holds no value. Dont believe any 2.3.4 rumors till you see a leak of it for the EVO specifically or someone from Sprint/HTC says its coming themselves.

Journeyman

fireguy_63 wrote:

speaking of battery life... i really havent seen any jump in that area. im a medium to heavy user with a stock battery. and usually get anywhere between 5-8 hours roughly depending on what i run. if i can figure out how to get more life while doing the same things then its that much better once i get a larger battery. any thoughts? ive done most of the usuals. screen brightness etc. only things i have synced are facebook, weather and google. and even those are set to update like once a day.

That can be a tough one. It's weird but I'm actually seeing better battery life on GB (unrooted), than I was on Froyo (Rooted, bloatware removed, SetCPU to scale down processor when screen off). I do know that the "garbage collection" was overhauled in GB, but that really affects memory management, more than multi-tasking management.

Once place I do see a difference is in radio use. When I'm at work, I turn off Mobile Data with the HTC widget, and go Wifi only, until I leave the building. Same thing for when I am at home. I use Wifi only at home, and 3G when on the road. I use 4G for big downloads or when reception is better than 3G and no Wifi is available. So I see a big difference when going Wifi only. For real juice savings, just turn off all data. Stock EVO will last for 24 hours with no data on...lol, that kind of defeats the purpose of the phone though.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat