cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

As of 6/20, the 4.22.651.2 update will be replaced with 4.24.651.1.  The 4.24.651.1 update includes all features of 4.22.651.2 in addition to fixes for the voicemail notification issue, netflix compatibilty, and a problem with the hearing aid compatibility menu.  For information on the new software, refer to this thread.

This thread is being locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

Voicemail notification

• New discussion thread for this topic: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/296126#296126
  • Root cause has been identified for the VVM notification issue and a short term solution began rolling out the morning of 6/9.  The rollout is occurring in batches with the first devices upgraded to Android 2.3 receiving the short term solution first.  This fix is network based and does not require customer or device interaction. 
  • Sprint is currently working on an updated version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software which will include a permanent solution for the VVM notification.  The short term solution will continue to be deployed until this new Android 2.3 upgrade is available. 
  • You may continue to use Settings/Call/Clear Notifications until the short term solution has been rolled out. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - voicemail notification thread; update on Netflix

810 REPLIES 810
Highlighted
Journeyman

I want 2.2 back. Going to see if sprint store will revert. My time keeps changing to a different time zone every time I come to work since my company has it's servers in a different region, it thinks that I'm in that area if my wifi is on. If I set it to do anything different, it screws up the weather app. This maybe local to me, but I can't get 3g speeds over 60kbp/s Oh, and netflix.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

are you chosing the htc update? if it still doesnt work for you it might be easier depending on how far a sprint repair center is from you to just go in an have them force it onto your phone through their computer.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

the netflix issue is with netflix. it was only for the 2.2 on the evo. from my understanding after reading a few posts in here sprint and netflix are working on fixing it. unknown on how long though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I rebooted my phone and then went to HTC update and the update was available.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All of you who say that Google Voice Search (voice to text, commands,  etc) is fixed by clearing data, have you tried it in a car or an  envirnoment with a lot of background noise?

My Voice Search worked after the update in a quiet environment.   It just would not work in any environment where there is any backfround  noise.

Nothing suggessted to date has worked yet.  I have checked and  double checked all the settings, I have cleared data. I have tried to  uninstall (you can't unles your are rooted) and reinstall (I actually  think this would work). I pulled the battery.   I took it to Sprint  Repair Store.  They tried to roll the update back  to 2.2.  They could  not do it.  They did a hard reset that did not work either.

The  only thing that has helped is downloading the app Vlingo.  It works like  Voice Search, but is a but more cumbersome to use and not as precise. 

My household has two evos.  Both hardware version 4, bought in December 2010, with all previous updates,  non-rooted. Never had any problems before.  Both updated to 2.3 without  any problems.  Both have the identical issue with Google Voice Search -  works when quiet, does not work when noisy.  Installed Vlingo on both  after the update and Vlingo voice commands work although not as well as  Google Voice Serach

Highlighted
Journeyman

My text app does not work. I performed update yesterday around 2pm. Later that night had been experiencing extreme slowness with text and constant force close. I was using the GoSMS app at the time. Decided to delete it thinking it was a problem with the app. Same problem happens with the stock Messages app. I've tried clearing data from the Application Manager. Still having problems that causes it to force close.

Highlighted
Wizard

ALANG84 wrote:

My text app does not work. I performed update yesterday around 2pm. Later that night had been experiencing extreme slowness with text and constant force close. I was using the GoSMS app at the time. Decided to delete it thinking it was a problem with the app. Same problem happens with the stock Messages app. I've tried clearing data from the Application Manager. Still having problems that causes it to force close.

You may have to do a profile and PRL update

Reboot after the updates

MM

Highlighted
Wizard

ACETRAALI1 wrote:

I did the update today and am not happy. My netflix is no more i hope they resolve it quickly!

It was reported earlier that Netflix is not working

It's up to Netflix to fix it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I listed the following issues elsewhere in the community forum but since this is the "official" release blog, I thought that I would tack these here as well.  I have also opened a support ticket with HTC regarding all of these issues and I will post any productive responses given back to me.

Hardware v0003, software v4.22.651.2, system reset completed.

Issues I now have due to this "update":

-No wireless N anymore

-Compass quit working

-Swype   keyboard works intermittently when trying to text, sometimes it's   there, other times it, or any other keyboard, doesn't show up at all

-Netflix DOA

-Random restarts

-Icon pics missing, very slow to populate, using Android generic icons

-Voicemail random notification

-Notification LED not working

-Sense reloads when you hit HOME key (random)

-Wallpaper goes to default HTC bubbles stuff upon reboot, then after about 20 seconds, changes to user preference wallpaper.

-Call history no longer shows call duration as it did with v2.2

As a side note, my co-worker has an EVO and his hw is v0002 and he is not having any issues like I am seeing on mine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Darnatl,

Then Google Voice is your issue. When I get the pop up to use Google Voice I select No and my navigation works fine and I have no issue with background noise.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its not happening to everyone. the update/fix sprint is currently trying to kick out is to fix this issue...and hopefully a couple others...but doubtful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tried to update the PRL and Profile. Did it twice. After the reboot I was able to open the Messages app, my messages would load, and I was able to send one text. I let it sit for a bit. Recieved a text. And when I went to open it, it would get stuck with the loading animation and then force closed. Tried to go back into the Messages app and none of my mesaages loaded up. This happened before but would eventually force close

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat