cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

As of 6/20, the 4.22.651.2 update will be replaced with 4.24.651.1.  The 4.24.651.1 update includes all features of 4.22.651.2 in addition to fixes for the voicemail notification issue, netflix compatibilty, and a problem with the hearing aid compatibility menu.  For information on the new software, refer to this thread.

This thread is being locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

Voicemail notification

• New discussion thread for this topic: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/296126#296126
  • Root cause has been identified for the VVM notification issue and a short term solution began rolling out the morning of 6/9.  The rollout is occurring in batches with the first devices upgraded to Android 2.3 receiving the short term solution first.  This fix is network based and does not require customer or device interaction. 
  • Sprint is currently working on an updated version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software which will include a permanent solution for the VVM notification.  The short term solution will continue to be deployed until this new Android 2.3 upgrade is available. 
  • You may continue to use Settings/Call/Clear Notifications until the short term solution has been rolled out. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - voicemail notification thread; update on Netflix

810 REPLIES 810
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I'm a newbie so bear with me. After reading numerous complaints and issues in many different forums, I did come across a small group of HTC EVO 4G owners who took other steps before updating and they are not experiencing any issues. I was in no hurry either for the update, was afraid of issues occuring so I waited until June 11th. A handfull of EVO owners factory reset their phone first, then did the update and did another  factory reset and all was working well. I tried the same steps and I'm happy to report I've had no annoying issues, Thank God, knock-on-wood. If anyone is reading this I hope this works for you as well and I just thought I'd share my thoughts and try to help. I also agree that kinks should be worked out before an update is released but unfortunately, we have have to deal with trial and error. Thank you for hearing me out and good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Concerning the next update for June 20th, as reported by Android Police:

Is it real? Sprint have been very quiet for some reason.

Assuming it is, does anyone know (not think, or guess) if the previous update (from early this month) needs to be applied first?

Finally, isn't it strange that the brand new Evo 3D is just being launched, only days after last years model is rendered mostly useless by an "update"?

Highlighted
Master

Yes the update for the EVO Shift is real  it will begin release on the 20 Jun   as post in the  forums

hope this helps

Highlighted
Master

This is the Evo forum asking about a rumored update for the EVO, Not Evo SHIFT.

EVO4GUPdatenetflixfix.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't believe you are actually saying this. There are so many having problems with Speak to Text. Yes, it's real. When I try it in my car, I turn the radio off, the air off, there is nothing making a sound that I can turn off. It just doesn't work anymore. Something about the movement (and it has to be more than just a slow 5-10 mph test) of the car that makes it not work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

VETORAMA wrote:

darnatl wrote:

All of you who say that Google Voice Search (voice to text, commands,  etc) is fixed by clearing data, have you tried it in a car or an  envirnoment with a lot of background noise?

My Voice Search worked after the update in a quiet environment.   It just would not work in any environment where there is any backfround  noise.

Nothing suggessted to date has worked yet.  I have checked and  double checked all the settings, I have cleared data. I have tried to  uninstall (you can't unles your are rooted) and reinstall (I actually  think this would work). I pulled the battery.   I took it to Sprint  Repair Store.  They tried to roll the update back  to 2.2.  They could  not do it.  They did a hard reset that did not work either.

The  only thing that has helped is downloading the app Vlingo.  It works like  Voice Search, but is a but more cumbersome to use and not as precise. 

My household has two evos.  Both hardware version 4, bought in December 2010, with all previous updates,  non-rooted. Never had any problems before.  Both updated to 2.3 without  any problems.  Both have the identical issue with Google Voice Search -  works when quiet, does not work when noisy.  Installed Vlingo on both  after the update and Vlingo voice commands work although not as well as  Google Voice Serach

Same here - worked before. Now it doesn't

Journeyman

Robyn_5, I never stated that the problem others are experiencing did not exist, it is just after reading the post that Vetorama copied it states that "voice text and or search works when it is quiet but does not work when there is a lot of background noise". Now if you read that you would think that this person may need to be in a quieter environment for his/her app to work. Atleast thats what common sense would dictate. It is unfortunate that we don't have all those who have updated with no problems post (like me) in order to get a real sense of how wide spread and a possible percentage of these problems.  It is a problem that needs to be addressed asap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

betrthanmost wrote:

Robyn_5, I never stated that the problem others are experiencing did not exist, it is just after reading the post that Vetorama copied it states that "voice text and or search works when it is quiet but does not work when there is a lot of background noise". Now if you read that you would think that this person may need to be in a quieter environment for his/her app to work. Atleast thats what common sense would dictate. It is unfortunate that we don't have all those who have updated with no problems post (like me) in order to get a real sense of how wide spread and a possible percentage of these problems.  It is a problem that needs to be addressed asap.

What does the percentage matter? There's a 52 page thread here with a lot of people with issues, an exact percentage wouldn't make the issues go away or suddenly make those affected feel satisfied.

I don't care if these issues affect less than 1% of users, that's still too many.

I'll hand it to htc and sprint though, they're trying! Hopefully the monday update fixes more than what was in the release notes, I'm sick of sense crashing!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Voice does not work at all for me anymore, and prior it worked really, really well.  I don't mean in a car, I mean anywhere, it picks up the last few words of a sentance at best, or some (occasionally comedic) translation of what I said.

It's like voice recognition was ten years ago, basically.    Which is really a bummer, I was just starting to get used to it.

If they don't fix that and the compass, the phone is going away, I'll just go buy something else and sell the thing on ebay or such.  It's a shame too, it'll have to be a non-HTC brand, just on principle.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've done this countless times and it keeps popping up...really working my nerves...How do I stop this from happening permanently?

Highlighted
Journeyman

EXCHANGE CALENDAR ITEMS, WRONG TIME ZONE.

i didn't see this one discussed: If I try to edit any existing exchange calendar items, it shows that the Time zone for the event is EDT while I'm actually in PDT. Any new calender items I add from the device are fine. Any items I add from the PC or OWA via exchange show up as EDT. My PC is correct and this only happened after the GB update.

I deleted the exchange account. And re-added. Problem persists.

Clock/timezone in EVO settings are correct.

xchange.gif

Highlighted
Journeyman

might be off the subject but if anyone can help or suggest something. after i updated my evo to 2.3.3 now when i go to the web and use that little box that has the down arrow menu, it wont come down. it looks like its locked. not sure if its a flash thing or what. other people with different phones who updated had similiar problems. i've done the reboot and take out the battery thing. if anyone else has noticed this and knows of a fix i would appreciate the help. thanks

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat