cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Wizard

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

As of 6/20, the 4.22.651.2 update will be replaced with 4.24.651.1.  The 4.24.651.1 update includes all features of 4.22.651.2 in addition to fixes for the voicemail notification issue, netflix compatibilty, and a problem with the hearing aid compatibility menu.  For information on the new software, refer to this thread.

This thread is being locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

Voicemail notification

• New discussion thread for this topic: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/296126#296126
  • Root cause has been identified for the VVM notification issue and a short term solution began rolling out the morning of 6/9.  The rollout is occurring in batches with the first devices upgraded to Android 2.3 receiving the short term solution first.  This fix is network based and does not require customer or device interaction. 
  • Sprint is currently working on an updated version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software which will include a permanent solution for the VVM notification.  The short term solution will continue to be deployed until this new Android 2.3 upgrade is available. 
  • You may continue to use Settings/Call/Clear Notifications until the short term solution has been rolled out. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - voicemail notification thread; update on Netflix

810 REPLIES 810
Journeyman

Re: 6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Thanks,  but I'm dowloading now I did the manual update, finally get to see why people couldnt wait

Wizard

No Sense update?

What a shame!!!!

Journeyman

On 4/29/2011 - Google announced the release of 2.3.4 Gingerbread. I just downloaded the update today for my EVO, and it's 2.3.3. What gives? And yeah, I'm not surprised, Sense 1.0 is well, still Sense 1.0. It's an update. I haven't really even noticed a huge difference other than the keypad to enter my security pin to unlock my phone after it idles after 15 minutes looks different.

Wizard

Agreed!!

I was hoping and expecting the 2.1 update.

M.Marcus wrote:

No Sense update?

What a shame!!!!

Software revision is listed below and differs from post #1.

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

GrandMaster

109.4mb? geeze...does this take the place of the 2.2 memory wise or is this added on top of that? if not i dont think alot of people even have half of that for memory internaly.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

ALynch40, where are you seeing version 4.22.651.2? 

Wizard

Yeah it just takes the place. Once the update is done you will not gain or loose any internal storage.

fireguy_63 wrote:

109.4mb? geeze...does this take the place of the 2.2 memory wise or is this added on top of that? if not i dont think alot of people even have half of that for memory internaly.

Wizard

Setting>about phone>software

dshoem01 wrote:

ALynch40, where are you seeing version 4.22.651.2? 

Journeyman

Yeap, minor changes, web browser a little different, have a fast boot option, you can delete pdf files and other dowloads without installing an app to delete them, now have the option to restart your phone instead of just shutting down

I knew HTC Sense would not change because they said it takes to much space

Journeyman

It's now available if you try it manually. go settings - system updates -HTC software update.

Journeyman

no gingerbread keyboard? now my voicemail is showing in a notification bar says i have 28 new but when i check i dnt have any??? anyone else same issue?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat