cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Journeyman

Haven't tried it yet, but I sure hope it's true. Big part of the reason I wanted the update. I can get rid of one of our car's subscription, and just pay the $3/mo

Journeyman

After reading the posts, I went ahead, bit the bullet, and performed the update.  There were no deal breakers among the found issues (I don't use Netflix, etc.) for me.  I'm happy to report that the update went smooth and my phone seems to be working well.  I'll report back if I find anything strange.

One thing Sprint/HTC unfortunately did fix was a small security hole to the graphics data.  It was possible in previous versions of the EVO to do screen captures (using apps like ShootMe or ScreenShot) without having to root your phone.  This is no longer the case.  Oh well.  If anyone knows of a good no-rooting-needed screen capture app, please post the name (and location if it's other then the Android App Market).  Thanx.

Journeyman

TeleNav is not additional bloatware.  TeleNav replaces Sprint Navigation, which was previously loaded on all EVOs.  Someone posted that it is a pay-per-use Nav App.  That is incorrect.  The use comes with your data package--they label it now as GPS Navigation.  It's only pay if you upgrade to their Premium version.

Also, one man's bloatware is another man's cool-ware.  I use TeleNav all the time.  It's a great and useful app.  It does more then just give voice directions with an ETA reading that is spot on.  You can do searches (for restaurants, gas, ATMs, etc), get current traffic conditions, and unlike Google maps, you can reset the origination point so you can check out an unknown route in the comfort of your living room.  You can save and/or share your location with others via SMS.  There are more features but that's not for this thread.

Journeyman

Plants vs Zombies not loading?  Weird.  It's working great for me--I'm now on level 5-3.  In fact, it loads a lot faster now.  However, there is a small issue with PopCap games.  The homepage screen reloads after the games close, but not with the old HTC white/green screen.  Instead, the EVO displays a gray box containing a spinner and the text "Loading...".  I haven't seen this behavior with other games like Angry Birds (BTW, all 3 versions work as before, I'm happy to report) or any other full screen apps--but, of course, I haven't opened all full screen apps.

Journeyman

I still can not believe all these folks with issues. When your device is applying updates and shows the 4g screen, leave your phone alone. Whether its 5 minutes or 5hrs. Depending on the usage of your phone and the amount of crap most of us have running it could take awhile. I seen mine hit the 4g scree and it was about 15 minutes after that without touching anything that it comepleted.

Journeyman

I have read all the posts in this thread and haven't seen anyone asked this question.

I have a HTC EVO 4G and did not do the last update which came out in December (3.70.651.1) because so many users have issues. And the new features in this new one (4.22.651.2) doesn't do much for me either except upgraded to Gingerbread (Android 2.3). I am thinking not to do the update on this one either until there's significant new features come out in the future.

If I do wait and skip these two updates, will I still be able to update the next one? By then, will I be forced to update these two first before I can update the next new one?

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.  Thank you.

Journeyman

Re: 6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

This issue has been addressed by dshoem01 (post #117 added below):

117. Jun 3, 2011 4:11 PM (in response to timseal)

You can do what M.Marcus suggests too, but you will not be able to receive future updates if this one isn't installed first.  And after a period of time, this update will be pulled from HTC's servers.  At that ponit, you'll need to stay on the current release, manually flash your device, or root it. Sprint, of course, recommends you keep your device updated with the officially released software.    

Journeyman

Re: 6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Probably not as it was reported earlier in the thread that the software checks to see if you are on the latest official release.  You can probably download the previous release off of HTC's website and then grab this release.   Going forward, you should always grab the latest release because it is supported by Sprint and for the most part it fixes issues.  You basing your opinions off of these forums is not a good move.  The reason being is alot of folks here have customized their phones which sometimes causes problems for updates.  Others don't understand that some apps they have installed may also contribute to the problem or the apps themselves will break and they blame Sprint when its the app's issue.  Most folks that update and have no problems rarely post to these or any other forums so keep this in mind.  The folks here are a very small chunk of EVO/Sprint users and customers.

Journeyman

My phone is stuck in boot mode since 11:45 last night.  How can i fix

Journeyman

after update cant get into boot menu and also keep gettin advertisements and loading screen why?

Journeyman

My phone has been rebooting with error message since last night.  How is this fixed

GrandMaster

Only problem I have and its not even a major one..just annoying.. Makes a notification sound every time you put the phone to your ear while on a call or while on speaker phone and you black out the screen. Same deal. But no way to turn it off? Its the same sound as when you get a text.. Which makes you look...then no text..then you get the notification sound soon as you put the phone to your rest again lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat