cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Journeyman

OK - battery life now much improved!!! Very happy with that!

Two Problems and I hope you all can help with these:

1) There are now duplicates of all of my contacts both on my phone and on-line, and Android is getting confused with my favorites.  How do I get rid of all the new duplicated contacts?

2) On 3G, 4G, or WiFi, when I try to update profile or PRL, I now get an error message wth Error code :1012.  Anyone else getting this?

Otherwise, I really like the look and feel of the update!

Journeyman

go to google.com/contacts, and then click find duplicates, then click merge, and you should be ready to go

Journeyman

That must be a problem on your side, I have the update, and LED works with both standard and non standard apps(such as Google Voice)

Journeyman

Again, the answer to your question is in my first reply to your post.  You need to be on the latest official rlease to update your phone.

Journeyman

Also, most of the enhancements are not listed and cannot be seen.  Go google android 2.3 and you will find all the under the hood enhancement done to the OS.  It's like going from Windows Vista to Windows 7.  Battery life improvement and speed performance should be enough to get anyone to upgrade but to each their own.   I mean there are tons of optimizations and security fixes but the Sprint release notes omits much of this.

Journeyman

Thank you, Kojak2k11.

So either I like it or not, I have to update 4.22.651.2 first before I upgrade the current one. If that's the case, I better do it today since my Update Check still shows the last one.

Our of curiosity, if that's the case, for those hold of to do the previous updates, won't that take a much longer time to update the future releases if they skip the last two, since they still need to have them before able to update the latest ones? And what's the logic of wating?

Thank you.

Journeyman

Thank you again, Kojak2k11. OK, I think I am a little bit of confused now. The last Sprint release (3.70.651.1) is an UPDATE while this one is a UPGRADE. I already have Android 2.2. So according to your earlier post, I still need to instlal the last UPDATE first before I can install this UPGRADE?  Am I correct?

Thank you for your patience.

Journeyman

There is no logic in waiting.  Companies want you using the latest and greatest to avoid fragmentation.  Google wants you on Gingerbread, Sprint wants you on Gingerbread.  That way, when you complain about a problem, the support folks can safely say that from a software standpoint you have all the latest fixes and optimizations installed.   Its like Microsoft, they want everyone upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7.  If I were you would update today while the getting is good.  Otherwise, you will have to manually download the older update on your computer then install it to your phone which will erase everything.  From there you will be able to upgrade to Gingerbread.

Journeyman

Yes, just do they update on your phone now.  Then once you are done, upgrade to the Google OS upgrade. 

To the Sprint Reps,

You owe me one!  I do not get paid for this. 

Journeyman

The new update is mostly great. It feels smoother, and the minor aesthetics changes are clean. The fading in and out of applications is quite elegant. The Netflix app issue is frustrating, as I'm a considerble cinephile, but, I trust it won't take long to fix.

My next biggest frustration is the change to the Sound option. I used to be able to turn my phone to silent by holding the power button for a second and selecting a Silent mode when the pop-up menu appeared. This option does not exist in this version of Gingerbread, or, at the least, I cannot find it. The option still exists under the Sound menu in the Settings section, but this is a cumbersome process to manuever through for a feature I use multiple times each day (I'm a student, and I turn my phone off when I watch movies.)

I'd very much like to have the Sound-Off feature restored to the Power Button menu. The restart function is a nice touch, by the way.

My apologies if someone else has already commented on this, or has found a solution, but there are far too many comments for me to read through, and I didn't find any mention of this in my brief search.

Thanks!

Journeyman

This might be a dumb question. After I finish the download and start the installation, can I still use the phone or it won't be useable anymore. I read somewhere that the phone will be disabled until the upgrade is finished, is that correct? And how long does the upgrade normally take?

Thank you.

Journeyman

When you start the update.  Do not mess with the phone until you actually see the phone come back to the state you typically see when you can use your phone.  May take 5 minutes or less.  Basically, you will know when you can use your phone as the screen is completely different when its updating.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat