cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Highlighted
Wizard

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

As of 6/20, the 4.22.651.2 update will be replaced with 4.24.651.1.  The 4.24.651.1 update includes all features of 4.22.651.2 in addition to fixes for the voicemail notification issue, netflix compatibilty, and a problem with the hearing aid compatibility menu.  For information on the new software, refer to this thread.

This thread is being locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

Voicemail notification

• New discussion thread for this topic: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/296126#296126
  • Root cause has been identified for the VVM notification issue and a short term solution began rolling out the morning of 6/9.  The rollout is occurring in batches with the first devices upgraded to Android 2.3 receiving the short term solution first.  This fix is network based and does not require customer or device interaction. 
  • Sprint is currently working on an updated version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software which will include a permanent solution for the VVM notification.  The short term solution will continue to be deployed until this new Android 2.3 upgrade is available. 
  • You may continue to use Settings/Call/Clear Notifications until the short term solution has been rolled out. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - voicemail notification thread; update on Netflix

810 REPLIES 810
Highlighted
Journeyman

I can see voicemail issue resolution is posted but its still very anoying when I have to do it every time I restart the phone, permanent solution anyone? Another thing, my evernote widget has disapeared since update... Not in the widgets option anymore...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try reinstalling Evernote, see if that helps, It may have been a glitch or something... Hopefully this solves your problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did update on my EVO yesterday...on my husband's EVO today. Everything is working great. One question (that's probably been answered)...the Power Options used to let me silence my phone (like in church, dr office, etc.). It's not there anymore. What's the easiest way to do that now? Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go into widgets and install the profile widget.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Use the new restart button, it will take care of most errors after the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see your question was just answered as I refreshed the forum   Just did the update and it all worked like a charm!  All settings, wifi, etc, no problems to report.  I like that the % of charge shows on the lock screen now.  My profile widget for some reason decided to leave so I just put it back.  All good...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I need to know if this update uninstalls the previous and utilizes the memory? or if this is an add on update. The updates are starting to far exceed the internal memory storage given the number of applications that I use on a daily basis. I can not update to the new update if this is the case as I will not have the internal memory to do it.

It must, now I am getting low storage warnings.  Never had that happen till the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks! You saved me alot of time looking for it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

No appreciable loss of space for me after the update, I now have about 305MB of internal storage remaining.  Can you move your apps to theSD card?

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, time for a silly question... That new restart button is where?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Same place as the power down and airplane mode.. Uhm..top button..hold it down

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

when you hold the power button ... when quick boot is enabled(the setting is in Settings>Applications>Fast Boot) the shutdown is actually a hibernation, or low power state

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat