Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Wizard

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

As of 6/20, the 4.22.651.2 update will be replaced with 4.24.651.1.  The 4.24.651.1 update includes all features of 4.22.651.2 in addition to fixes for the voicemail notification issue, netflix compatibilty, and a problem with the hearing aid compatibility menu.  For information on the new software, refer to this thread.

This thread is being locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

Voicemail notification

• New discussion thread for this topic: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/296126#296126
  • Root cause has been identified for the VVM notification issue and a short term solution began rolling out the morning of 6/9.  The rollout is occurring in batches with the first devices upgraded to Android 2.3 receiving the short term solution first.  This fix is network based and does not require customer or device interaction. 
  • Sprint is currently working on an updated version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software which will include a permanent solution for the VVM notification.  The short term solution will continue to be deployed until this new Android 2.3 upgrade is available. 
  • You may continue to use Settings/Call/Clear Notifications until the short term solution has been rolled out. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - voicemail notification thread; update on Netflix

810 REPLIES 810
Journeyman

Here are  the specs from HTC:

Specifications can be changed, and in this case they were changed from the original informaton sent out. However, this doesn't answer the question as to how you are positively stating that the wireless-N Wi-Fi issue will not be corrected back to work as it once did.

I have been told by Sprint that there are (obviously) a number of problems with the recent gingerbread update, and these issues including wireless-N will be addressed. I see no reason to doubt what I have been told by Sprint.

GrandMaster

no matter what anser you get youre going to argue about it like the thread you made last week...until its actually fixed or not there really isnt anything we can do about it..either it WILL get fixed..or it wont...plain and simple. stop looking for someone to argue with.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

stop looking for someone to argue with.

I am simply trying to understand why you and others say with such certainty something that has not been at all stated by anyone of authority and there is absolutely no proof of these statements. If you or snarke can provide me with where this information is coming from, then perhaps there will be some understanding as to why Sprint would remove the wireless-N capability.

Otherwise, all I and others who rely on wireless-N can think is that you and others are simply trying to inflame the discussion without any basis. If that is what you call "someone to argue with" so be it.

Journeyman

The specifications are what they are.They can inject a fix as I said was done in 2.2 from 2.1 to have use of it.And without two antanas the speed will be faster than b/g but you won't get the max.

Journeyman

I had my phone off for a while this past weekend (6/10-6/13) and when I turned it back on, it updated automatically.  I didn't get a choice.  But now I have two quirky issues I hope somebody can solve. 

First, since the update I am now getting missed call notifications in the status bar.  Yes, I had those before. But when I would go to the call history, that notification would clear.  Now it doesn't.  I have to go to the status bar and clear the notifications.  It's annoying.  Any ideas?

Second, now I've got this little green teardrop-shaped text marker when I type.  Also damn annoying.  How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Journeyman

NOLA4NEBRASKA wrote:

I had my phone off for a while this past weekend (6/10-6/13) and when I turned it back on, it updated automatically.  I didn't get a choice.  But now I have two quirky issues I hope somebody can solve. 

First, since the update I am now getting missed call notifications in the status bar.  Yes, I had those before. But when I would go to the call history, that notification would clear.  Now it doesn't.  I have to go to the status bar and clear the notifications.  It's annoying.  Any ideas?

Second, now I've got this little green teardrop-shaped text marker when I type.  Also **** annoying.  How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

This is a feature added in Gingerbread. If you touch that teardrop icon you can select the location of the cursor(with the addition of magnification).

Journeyman

PLARSON67 wrote:

Not a problem?? That's one of the key features that make this phone worth having, in my opinion. Being able to speak to text while driving is very important to me. And safer. I mean, no one actually tested this in a car while driving? Jeez!

I totally agree and nothing fixes it, nor is there a safe way to remove this update.

Journeyman

I did the update today and am not happy. My netflix is no more i hope they resolve it quickly!

Journeyman

i want a full package of andriod 2.3 for htc evo 4g  

so please any one has the link to download it just send it

Thanks.

Sprint Employee

Hi ahmedbaz, unfortunately the software update for this android has not been made available for download. the update may be applied only in store, or via your system updates menu.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Taken from Android Center, to fix the Voice to Txt issue. Clear the data from the Voice Search application. Worked for me.

Menu>Settings>Applications>All>Voice Search>Clear Data.

Journeyman

I'm currently running 2.2 on my HTC EVO and would like to upgrade to 2.3. When I go to the system update, there aren't any update available. How can I get this update?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat